Totara Learn Open Discussions

Appraisal Session Timeout Error?

John Unnever
Appraisal Session Timeout Error?
by John Unnever - Friday, 2 February 2018, 8:31 PM
Group Partners

Hello, 

We have an Appraisal template that is assigned, however, when the manager goes in and clicks to Start the first stage..  they enter their info and click next to go to the next element.. when they reach the bottom of the next page and click next, all of the information is being cleared out and we are being sent back to the first step as if we never started.   

One thing I noticed, was that this appears to be some kind of really quick timeout issue.  If i click through the stages as fast as i can, immediately scroll each page to the bottom and click next.. i can get the entire stage to complete.  It appears i might have maybe less than 7 seconds or so to click next on each stage for them to save and not clear out everything and loop back to step 1.

SiteAdmin > Server > Session Handling is set to 15minutes.

Is there some other kind of timeout that is being used?  Or would some other issue with the template potentially cause this behavior? 

John Unnever
Re: Appraisal Session Timeout Error?
by John Unnever - Saturday, 3 February 2018, 6:39 AM
Group Partners

Totara Version : 9.2.2

PHP - 5.6.32

MySQL - 5.7.16

Use database for session information is set to default No.

Tom Ireland
by Tom Ireland - Sunday, 4 February 2018, 11:52 PM
Group Totara

Hi, John.

Could you raise this with your Totara partner please? It sounds like there could be some sort of issue on the server-side, however it's hard to tell.

If it turns out to be a potential Totara issue, your Partner can submit a bug report via our helpdesk for us to investigate further.

Cheers.

Tom
Totara Support

John Unnever
by John Unnever - Thursday, 15 February 2018, 7:25 AM
Group Partners

FYI,  the problem here was that somehow the '\totara_appraisal\task\update_learner_assignments_task' was set to run every minute instead of on a the hour.  This was essentially wiping out the data while trying to complete the different stages.