Suggest Totara Learn features

TL-6757 - Add 360 Feedback report source

Tom Ireland
TL-6757 - Add 360 Feedback report source
by Tom Ireland - Monday, 15 June 2015, 11:50 PM
Group Totara

Add a 360 Feedback report source that shows any/all users 360 feedback responses.

It would be useful for a manager or user to be able to view all their feedback, by 'form', in one report rather than looking at individual responses.

We are going to start development on this feature soon and welcome your feedback. 

Please see the post below by Meredith with a specification for feedback.

(Edited by Iain Napier - original submission Thursday, 30 November 2017, 12:00 PM)

(Edited by Iain Napier - original submission Thursday, 30 November 2017, 12:01 PM)

Steph Wild
Re: TL-6757 - Add 360 Feedback report source
by Steph Wild - Tuesday, 16 June 2015, 1:35 AM
Group Learn Site Administrator

Hi,

Yes, +1 for us, I want to start using this functionality but it won't work as we need it to if we don't have centralised reporting.

Thanks
Steph

This forum post has been removed
Tuesday, 16 June 2015, 9:06 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Rob Bloor
by Rob Bloor - Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 2:39 AM

Yes, it's a +1 from us as it is a functionality we'd like to have and use.  Rob

Katherine Rayn
by Katherine Rayn - Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 3:08 PM
Group Partners

This is absolutely needed functionality :) +1 from me 

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 7:15 PM
Monday, 22 June 2015, 3:27 AM
Rita Ansbro
by Rita Ansbro - Wednesday, 24 June 2015, 12:31 AM

A +1 from me too; we need the centralised reporting function for this.

Rita

Jani Lemmetyinen
by Jani Lemmetyinen - Wednesday, 24 June 2015, 10:08 PM

Agreed, +1 :-) It would be very useful feature for centralized reporting.

Tom Ireland
by Tom Ireland - Tuesday, 7 July 2015, 9:02 AM
Group Totara

Hi, all

This feature request (tracked under request ID TL-6757) has been deemed high priority and is under consideration for development by Totara core.

This does not indicate a delivery commitment.  Development of the functionality is subject to further prioritisation and resource availability.

Development priorities are reviewed regularly.  If you wish to escalate your market need for this functionality, please contact your Totara Channel Partner Manager.

Thanks.

Tom

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Tuesday, 14 July 2015, 12:58 AM
Group Learn Site Administrator

Hi,

I've already added my +1 for this but could we also have an 'Export' button at the bottom of the feedback page so the user can print out the feedback they receive (or am I missing something?)

Thanks

Steph

Tuesday, 29 November 2016, 3:57 AM
Friday, 10 July 2015, 12:40 AM
Friday, 4 September 2015, 3:12 AM
Austen Sinclair
by Austen Sinclair - Sunday, 6 September 2015, 5:26 PM
Group PartnersGroup TXP Site Administrator

Yes please another +1 from us.

This is critical feature to enable it to be a real business tool.

Rickard Skiold
by Rickard Skiold - Friday, 15 January 2016, 4:15 AM

One more +1...

Irma Boks-Eek
by Irma Boks-Eek - Tuesday, 13 December 2016, 1:20 AM
Group 2022 Learner of the Year (Silver)Group PartnersGroup TXP Site Administrator

Yes, a +1 from this partner as well! Both for the managers being able to export as also for the user him/herself. More and more questions from potential clients for this.

Mark Lester Picazo
by Mark Lester Picazo - Wednesday, 14 December 2016, 9:46 PM

Yes, +1 for us too.
Martin Simcik
by Martin Simcik - Monday, 19 December 2016, 4:09 AM

+1 from me. We would like to use this feature in our company, but as there is not global report, we´ll have to find another way for 360 feedback.

Thanks

Martin

? ?
by ? ? - Thursday, 30 November 2017, 3:49 AM

I'm pleased to announce that work on TL-6757 is due to begin shortly and we are inviting members of the Community to provide feedback and comment on our proposed 360 Feedback report source/reporting specification (attached).

Many thanks,

Meredith

Ian MacKinnon
by Ian MacKinnon - Friday, 1 December 2017, 7:38 AM

Hi Meredith,

This looks like a comprehensive solution to most reporting requirements I have seen for 360 Feedback. See my questions and comments below:

• I couldn’t find anything that stated how many report sources there would be and what they will be called. By looking through the different reports it looks like there will be 3 new sources, is this right?:
    • Feedback aggregated responses
    • Feedback detail responses
    • Feedback status

• Will all reports showing in the 360 Feedback “dashboard” be embedded reports that can be edited?

• It looks like there will be a new Site Admin navigation “Performance”, I presume this will replace “Appraisals”? I mention this as in some of the table rows it refers to Performance nav and some it refers to Appraisals nav e.g. report id 100 and report id 120.

• In the aggregated results report source, the questions that cannot be aggregated, will they appear in the table as blank? It looks like they do on report ID 40.

• Will the columns work similarly to the current “Appraisal Detail” source, whereby you select all or nothing for questions to include, rather than individually selecting each question?

• If the above two questions are yes, it’s worth considering how the report would look if there were many text-based questions with only one that was a numeric value. The report would display multiple blank columns with only 1 column of value. Could the report instead only show the columns that contain data that can be aggregated?

• In the aggregated results source, will the averages work when measuring against organisations/positions as well as Users? E.g. I want a report that shows average results and number of responders against each organisation (using the same form). I am thinking the report to be similar to ID 80 but with Org/Pos name rather than User name in the first column and without viewing responses.

•  In the aggregated results source will the “Number of responders” have any aggregation options e.g. Percentage? It would be good to have a percentage for each user to show how many of their form requests have been responded to.

• Teminology: Is “Owner” the right name for the user that has requested feedback? The word feels quite technical and not sure how much it would make sense for users. How about “Requester”? It fits better with “Responder”.

• Terminology: Is “Aggregated” the right word for the reports of averages? Yes it’s the technically correct word, but it isn’t a very accessible term for many users, and although it’s used in report builder already, I’d personally like to see less of it. There are lots of technical and jargon language used in the interface and this adds to it. Could “average” be used in it’s place? e.g. report id 80  “Average results for your team” is much more accessible.

•  Minor comment on the wireframes: can all references to 360 Feedback include the degrees symbol and a capital “F”? In report id 100 the report is called “Status Report – 360 feedbacks for your team” which reads like there are 360 pieces of feedback about my team. I would expect that to say instead “Status Report – 360° Feedback for your team”

• In the Status report source will the number of requests/responses etc be able to be measured against org/pos etc? Will there be further aggregation options on these columns to show percentage?

• I may have missed it but is there an option in the Status source to show a report of all people I have requested from and there status as text? E.g. I am Bob Smith and can see Nancy Cartwright’s response is Pending/Overdue. It would be good if there was so that a pie chart could be created to show total number of pending, overdue, completed for a user, team, organisation etc.

• Request: In the status source could there be colour coding for due date column? Like RAG for certifications but red for overdue, amber for due, green for not-due.

• How will these reports work for 360 with Self Evaluation? Will the Owner and Responder columns have duplicate names? Can there be something to indicate that it is self-evaluation? A column for "Is self-evaluation complete?" would be good, with another column indicating if it was optional or mandatory. That way managers could report on numbers of users that have self-evaluated when it was optional. Having "is complete" and "is not complete" columns that can be aggregated would have the added benefit of being able to easily create report graphs.

Thanks,

Ian

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 18 December 2017, 4:06 AM

Thank you so much for your thorough and thoughtful reply Ian - this is really great stuff.  We've been working through your points as per the responses embedded below.

• I couldn’t find anything that stated how many report sources there would be and what they will be called. By looking through the different reports it looks like there will be 3 new sources, is this right?: Feedback aggregated responses, Feedback detail responses,Feedback status

To an extent we're still shaking that out - seeing what we need based on the draft spec and what is possible development wise within available time.  I think we'll certainly have 3 different types of reports - whether they are from different sources is TBC for now.

• Will all reports showing in the 360 Feedback “dashboard” be embedded reports that can be edited?

360 Feedback reports will be embedded reports.

• It looks like there will be a new Site Admin navigation “Performance”, I presume this will replace “Appraisals”? I mention this as in some of the table rows it refers to Performance nav and some it refers to Appraisals nav e.g. report id 100 and report id 120.

There will likely be some new Site Admin navigation to accommodate the Performance/Reports area accommodating both Appraisals and 360 Feedback reports but Appraisals won't be replaced/removed.

• In the aggregated results report source, the questions that cannot be aggregated, will they appear in the table as blank? It looks like they do on report ID 40.

I'll be deferring to our wonderful UX team on that

• Will the columns work similarly to the current “Appraisal Detail” source, whereby you select all or nothing for questions to include, rather than individually selecting each question?

We're using the Appraisal reports as a basis for the 360 Feedback reports so it will be as consistent as possible for users.

• If the above two questions are yes, it’s worth considering how the report would look if there were many text-based questions with only one that was a numeric value. The report would display multiple blank columns with only 1 column of value. Could the report instead only show the columns that contain data that can be aggregated?

Again, I'll defer to the advice of the UX team, but I suspect something like your suggested approach will be implemented.

• In the aggregated results source, will the averages work when measuring against organisations/positions as well as Users? E.g. I want a report that shows average results and number of responders against each organisation (using the same form). I am thinking the report to be similar to ID 80 but with Org/Pos name rather than User name in the first column and without viewing responses.

That's a great idea - I don't think we'll have time to include that in Phase 1 of development for the v11 release, but I'll note this down as a Phase 2+ idea.

•  In the aggregated results source will the “Number of responders” have any aggregation options e.g. Percentage? It would be good to have a percentage for each user to show how many of their form requests have been responded to.

At this stage it will be just a count, but I can also add this as an improvement/new feature suggestion.

• Teminology: Is “Owner” the right name for the user that has requested feedback? The word feels quite technical and not sure how much it would make sense for users. How about “Requester”? It fits better with “Responder”.

You make an interesting point.  I think it would be an idea for us to poll the Community on that.  I can see an argument for both options.

• Terminology: Is “Aggregated” the right word for the reports of averages? Yes it’s the technically correct word, but it isn’t a very accessible term for many users, and although it’s used in report builder already, I’d personally like to see less of it. There are lots of technical and jargon language used in the interface and this adds to it. Could “average” be used in it’s place? e.g. report id 80  “Average results for your team” is much more accessible.

I agree.  I think we went with Aggregated to avoid the question of what type of average the results were taking (mode, median, mean) I'll update the requirements doc accordingly.

•  Minor comment on the wireframes: can all references to 360 Feedback include the degrees symbol and a capital “F”? In report id 100 the report is called “Status Report – 360 feedbacks for your team” which reads like there are 360 pieces of feedback about my team. I would expect that to say instead “Status Report – 360° Feedback for your team”

We're aiming at capital F in Feedback, one ninja lowercase f slipped through on the wireframes.

• In the Status report source will the number of requests/responses etc be able to be measured against org/pos etc? Will there be further aggregation options on these columns to show percentage?

For this Phase it is unlikely, but I'll add this to the tracker for future development.

• I may have missed it but is there an option in the Status source to show a report of all people I have requested from and there status as text? E.g. I am Bob Smith and can see Nancy Cartwright’s response is Pending/Overdue. It would be good if there was so that a pie chart could be created to show total number of pending, overdue, completed for a user, team, organisation etc.

At this stage, that is out of scope for Phase 1 pending the refactoring of the Report Builder and following improvements to the graphical reporting tool. 

• Request: In the status source could there be colour coding for due date column? Like RAG for certifications but red for overdue, amber for due, green for not-due.

I can certainly add that an improvement/new feature request

• How will these reports work for 360 with Self Evaluation? Will the Owner and Responder columns have duplicate names? Can there be something to indicate that it is self-evaluation? A column for "Is self-evaluation complete?" would be good, with another column indicating if it was optional or mandatory. That way managers could report on numbers of users that have self-evaluated when it was optional. Having "is complete" and "is not complete" columns that can be aggregated would have the added benefit of being able to easily create report graphs.

Good question!  I'll flag this for discussion/consideration internally.

Lloyd Davies
by Lloyd Davies - Tuesday, 16 October 2018, 3:58 AM

Hi - I'm wondering if there was any progress on this? Is there a rough idea of when it might roll out?

Thanks

Lloyd

Wednesday, 17 October 2018, 1:33 AM
Jani Lemmetyinen
by Jani Lemmetyinen - Wednesday, 31 October 2018, 12:50 AM

Hi Michael,

Our client has also an urgent need for this, it is an essential reporting need in their business.

BR,
Jani

Friday, 2 November 2018, 8:28 AM
Tuesday, 5 February 2019, 7:24 AM
Julie Bury
by Julie Bury - Wednesday, 6 February 2019, 3:27 AM

Hi

I agree with this request. I'd love to start using this functionality in my organisation but really need to be able to produce a consolidated report of all 360 feedback used for each user.