Suggest Totara Learn features

TL-853 - Change 'Browse list of users' to an embedded report

Ryan O'Malley
TL-853 - Change 'Browse list of users' to an embedded report
by Ryan O'Malley - Friday, 9 October 2015, 4:34 AM

When searching for users by username on the 'Browse list of users' page (something we do all the time), it's surprisingly annoying having to wait for the filters to load, click the 'Show more' and scroll down to the username option and hit search every time - not least when you make a typo and have to clear the filters to start again.

Instead, it would be great to be able to customise the columns, default filters and sort options whilst preserving the other functionality on the page (adding new users, plus confirming, editing, suspending & deleting accounts)

As such, can you replace Moodle's 'Browse list of users' page with an embedded report? 

Thanks,

Ryan

(Edited by Tom Ireland - original submission Saturday, 10 October 2015, 12:35 AM - Prefix title with tracker ID)

Tom Ireland
Re: TL-853 - Change 'Browse list of users' to an embedded report
by Tom Ireland - Friday, 9 October 2015, 6:29 AM
Group Totara

Thank you for your suggestion.

This feature request (tracked under request ID TL-853) has already been assessed and deemed medium priority, which means it is not currently planned for development by Totara core.

If you wish to pursue this functionality further your options are

• custom development - If you are considering contributing the completed customization back to Totara core, please refer to our guide to contributing code to Totara LMS here and contact Simon Coggins, our Chief Technology Officer.

OR

• provide funding for development by Totara core - If you are considering providing funding for development by Totara core, please contact your Totara Channel Partner Manager to discuss further.

Development priorities are reviewed regularly.  If you wish to escalate your market need for this functionality, please contact your Totara Channel Partner Manager.

? ?
by ? ? - Friday, 9 October 2015, 2:41 PM

I believe this has been requested before and I agree this would be a great feature. +1 from me.

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 10 February 2016, 6:18 PM
Group Totara

Hi folks

This feature request has been re-assessed as high priority and is under consideration for development by Totara core. 

This does not indicate a delivery commitment.  Development of the functionality is subject to further prioritization and resource availability.

Development priorities are reviewed regularly.  If you wish to escalate your market need for this functionality, please contact your Totara Channel Partner Manager.

Regards,

Totara Product Support

This forum post has been removed
Wednesday, 10 February 2016, 6:41 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
nate's standard profile pic
by Nate Marshall - Thursday, 6 July 2017, 9:37 AM

+1 from me as well. 

Sorting by first name gives some odd behavior where it is placing the last names in improper order. This is version 9.3 and 9.5 I haven't tested in anything else. Is this a known issue? Not a huge deal except when quickly comparing to other spreadsheets.  Along with this behavior when getting lists of seminars by date the names are not sorted. 

It seems there is never a secondary priority to any filters. So if I search by name it searches by first name but ignores the order of last names. As well as if I filter by date there is no secondary priority for entries that er within the same date. 

Thanks!

miss ordered list.

list of mis ordered users

Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Sunday, 9 July 2017, 4:26 PM
Group Totara

Just to let people know that this is now being worked on by the core team.