Suggest Totara Learn features

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Thursday, 22 November 2012, 8:06 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Thursday, 22 November 2012, 9:11 AM
Craig Eves
Re: Mapping competency to activity?
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 22 November 2012, 2:17 PM
Group Totara

Hi Amir

As far as I can see there is only an option to assign course completion to a competency rather than assigning the competncy for activity completion.

Craig

Saturday, 24 August 2013, 8:08 AM
me
by George Angus - Sunday, 25 August 2013, 5:47 PM
Group Totara

Hi Noah,

This functionality hasnt been available for quite some time, it was removed because it was deemed too complicated and it didnt actually do anything. There is a review of the Help site underway at the moment and Ill make sure this is dealt with. 

regards,

George.

Pete Potter
by Pete Potter - Monday, 23 June 2014, 9:23 AM

Hi George,

Are there any plans to put this back in? It would be a good Totara feature to turn on in the advance features and then map activity completion to competencies.

Thanks

me
by George Angus - Monday, 23 June 2014, 2:47 PM
Group Totara

Hi Peter,

There are no plans to put it in - I think it would be a have to new feature (as it didnt actually work) and we dont have a great deal of demand. Feel free to put a post in the Suggest Features forum - see if the idea garners support.

Regards,

George.

Adrian Jackson
Re: TL-14310: Cannot link competencies to activities
by Adrian Jackson - Tuesday, 6 August 2019, 10:36 PM

Adding my support to this request. 

Our organisation competency framework isn't related to topic areas which means awarding competency comes from multiple courses. We'd like students to be able to achieve competencies based on completion of competency based activities across multiple courses.

James Landrigan
Re: TL-14310: Cannot link competencies to activities
by James Landrigan - Sunday, 18 October 2020, 3:58 PM

Hi there,

I would like to add my support to his feature request. Our Totara supports and professional training college and the training program is made up of a large number of competencies grouped in categories with each competency linked to one assignment activity. There are too many to make each one a course and linking only to the parent competency up on course completion doesn't give a meaningful picture of progress.

Many thanks

James