Suggest Totara Learn features

TL-21601 Make Record of Learning 'learning filter' options completely unambiguous

me
TL-21601 Make Record of Learning 'learning filter' options completely unambiguous
by George Angus - Monday, 7 August 2017, 7:51 PM
Group Totara

Problem statement: At present the 'Active Learning' in a user's RoL shows any courses in which the user has completion records, but is not complete - the implication being the user is actively engaged in completing the course/s.

But this is not the necessarily the case - for example the user could have been unenrolled, or enrolled by mistake - or 'withdrawn' or 'abandoned'. The key here is the word 'active', what's required is clarity over which enrolled courses are actually being actively pursued by the learner, and those which are not.

Possible solution: Change the group naming completely unambiguous like:

• All Learning
  • Active Learning
  • Completed Learning
  • Withdrawn (or abandoned) Learning

Where 'active learning' is learning which is 'live' or current learning.

Quentin Geeraerts
Re: TL-21601 Make Record of Learning 'learning filter' options completely unambiguous
by Quentin Geeraerts - Tuesday, 20 August 2019, 1:16 AM

I believe this would be a great plus for every Totara user.

Maybe another suggestion for the wording:

- Current learning (in analogy with other terminology in Totara)

- Completed learning

- Not completed learning (to have a 100% clear difference between this tab and tab 2)

Kenny Inman
Re: TL-21601 Make Record of Learning 'learning filter' options completely unambiguous
by Kenny Inman - Sunday, 27 October 2019, 12:35 PM

It has been my experience with Totara 10 that previous completions do not appear in the record of learning "completed learning" after archiving.  Completion history does not appear to be linked to record of learning.  Does this have anything to do with Current record vs. Not current record?

Antonio Basile
by Antonio Basile - Thursday, 12 September 2019, 5:11 AM
Group Learn Site AdministratorGroup Partners

+1 from Humanage!

Thanks