Totara Social Open Discussions

Editing the Homepage

Craig Eves
Editing the Homepage
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 10 May 2016, 3:15 PM
Group Totara

Copied from Stephen Barnetts post in Release Notes

HI Yuliya, 

Actually in response to the above post, I am trying to use the 'Admin Setting'-> Static pages option. Can you point me towards some documentation on how editable that homepage is? 

I have also tried editing the 'site wide' home pages, one of which is the 'user homepage.....The tagline says 'this is the page that only you will see when you login'. I have tried editing that but it doesn't show when i log in. Is there more documentation on this? If I set up this page the way I want it to look, can I default that for all users? I hope you don't mind me posting these queries here, but your feedback is very helpful:)!

Regards

Stephen

Craig Eves
Re: Editing the Homepage
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 10 May 2016, 3:43 PM
Group Totara

Hi Stephen

Editing the Static site page User Hompage should add the content to the home page as well as any content that the user has in their Homepage template (Administration > Configure Site > Pages ) see screenshot below

The reason why this may not be showing is the Tenant static page - for the user doesn't have the Use Site default option ticked.

There is documentation on https://help.totaralearning.com/display/TS2/Configuring+the+Site#ConfiguringtheSite-ConfiguringSitePages and https://help.totaralearning.com/display/TS2/Managing+Tenant+Content

homepage content

Stephen Barnett
by Stephen Barnett - Thursday, 12 May 2016, 6:06 AM

Hi Craig, it appears that changes you make to Site pages are not retrospective but are only reflected on newly created accounts. Is there a way to override this behavior so changes to the page are reflected on all users, not just new users? Also, I could not find the "Use Site Default' option

Yuliya Bozhko
by Yuliya Bozhko - Thursday, 12 May 2016, 11:11 AM

Hi Stephen,

Craig was talking about "Static pages" option (available from under the same "Configure site" menu). I suspect this is not what you are looking for.

Changes to the "Pages" (not static pages) indeed affect only newly created users. There is no way of enforcing the same homepage on all users. We have a TS-593 improvement filed for 3.0 which would allow users to reset their homepage to the site default. One of the requirements mentioned there is "It would also be useful to extend this so that admin can set and force the updated default dashboard on all users".

I will add your request for this feature, so that we can adjust the priority.

Yuliya