Totara Social Open Discussions

Bypassing the login page when accessing from Totara Learn

Hertzel Kuriel
Bypassing the login page when accessing from Totara Learn
by Hertzel Kuriel - Tuesday, 26 December 2017, 10:38 PM
Group Partners

Hi,

Are have just started playing and learning more about Totara Social and testing its integration with Totara Learn.

Using Totara Connect to establish an integration is quite straightforward, however we were not able to find out yet, how a user whose user and profile is synched in social, can access Totara Social from Totara learn without the need to reach the login page and selecting the tenant.

Is there an SSO access option between the two? I am sure we are missing something.

Hertzel

Anthony Williams
Re: Bypassing the login page when accessing from Totara Learn
by Anthony Williams - Thursday, 5 April 2018, 6:22 AM

There is SSO between learn and Social We use it on our sites. The profile information is somewhat limited though. Only basic information is passed through to Social. This makes it interesting when one of the 9 James Smiths we have posts somethign on Social about his Record of Learning!
Hertzel Kuriel
by Hertzel Kuriel - Thursday, 5 April 2018, 7:16 AM
Group Partners
Thanks, Anthony, 

Maybe we are missing it somehow, but where exactly you activate SSO, as from what we could see is that such integration still brings us to the Social login page. The user just needs to select his talent and log in, but we are still not able to bypass that so moving between Learn and Social is seamless and does not require a login page.

David
by David Shaw - Tuesday, 10 April 2018, 3:53 AM

Hi Hertzel,

From memory I think we had to do a bit of custom work to force Connect to be used so the learner's didn't see the normal login block.

I might be wrong there though, it was a while ago.

David

Hertzel Kuriel
by Hertzel Kuriel - Tuesday, 10 April 2018, 10:59 AM
Group Partners
Thanks, David.