Previous General Totara Learn discussions (read only)

Course Completion Report Issue

Patrick Healy
Course Completion Report Issue
door Patrick Healy - Thursday, 16 June 2016, 07:37 AM

I have an issue with my course completion report. When users complete a course for the second time the completion report doesn't include the new completion. To complete the course they need to view a SCORM module. We use a scheduled report to export the data in the course completion report that we then send to out HR system to update staff records. However this issue means the records don't get updated when users redo a course.

Does anybody have any ideas to correct this?

Regards,

Patrick

Craig Eves
Re: Course Completion Report Issue
door Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 16 June 2016, 19:48 PM
Groep Totara

Once a person has completed a course then completing a second time won't change the completion date.

If the person is unenrolled from the course then they can complete the course again 

One idea is to use audiences to unenrol users who have completed the course

Its possible to unenrol people from courses with audiences - if a person is no longer a member of an audience they are unenrolled from the courses under enrolled learning tab in the audience. You could have a rule User has not completed the course in the audience that enrols them which would mean they are unnrolled when they have completed the course

The other idea is to use certifications and use the same course for the recertification and make the certifaction ative for a short period so they would do the recertification course again and the dates would be tracked.

I haven't tried these out but hopefully gives you something to test for suitability.