Previous General Totara Learn discussions (read only)

Dynamic audiences for grader report

Hellmuth Sole
Dynamic audiences for grader report
de Hellmuth Sole - Monday, 27 de June de 2016, 12:28

Our organization is based out of various countries, and what I've done is allow each national trainer to view his/her team's respective grades on the grader reports.  To do this, I used the auto-create group function, and then named each group for the respective country, and then set the number of groups to 1, and selected the members from the dynamic audience I've created for each country.  When I do this, it selects all members from the country and places them into a group, which is OK.

The issue I have is when we add new members to our Totara site.  When doing so (we use Totara sync) although the new user is added to the site as well as to the dynamic audience, this is not reflected in the group we've created for each course.  I imagine it's because it creates the group based on a snapshot of our audience at the time of creation, and does not update automatically.  Is there another way I can create a group for our local trainers to so they can see all their associate's grades in a course at the time the open the grader report, regardless of when they were added to their dynamic audience?

Thanks!

me
Re: Dynamic audiences for grader report
de George Angus - Wednesday, 29 de June de 2016, 21:52
Grupo Totara

Hi Hellmuth,

In the Custom instance under Audience sync in the Enrollment methods have you anything in the 'Add to group' setting?

cheers

George.

Hellmuth Sole
de Hellmuth Sole - Thursday, 30 de June de 2016, 13:41

Hi George, no we don't have anything there.  I guess this would be the solution (to add them to a specific group in the audience sync)?  This would be great for us from a course by course situation.  Is there a way to do this for all of our courses at once, so we don't have to do this for each of our 30 audiences in our 50 courses?

Thanks!

Hellmuth.

me
de George Angus - Thursday, 30 de June de 2016, 17:22
Grupo Totara
Hi Hellmuth,

Add the audience there. 

cheers,

George.

Hellmuth Sole
de Hellmuth Sole - Thursday, 30 de June de 2016, 17:48

Hi George, by there, where do you mean?  And would this be applicable on a course by course basis or could we do this for a course category?

Thanks!

Hellmuth.

me
de George Angus - Thursday, 30 de June de 2016, 18:26
Grupo Totara

Hi Hellmuth,

sorry - I meant add the audience in the  'Add to group' setting. I can't see a way to do it by category.

cheers,

George.

Hellmuth Sole
de Hellmuth Sole - Thursday, 30 de June de 2016, 19:22

OK will do. At least this will provide a temporary solution for us. Hopefully we can find a way to do this by category. 

Thanks!

Hellmuth.