Previous General Totara Learn discussions (read only)

How are "course set due" dates calcuated?

? ?
How are "course set due" dates calcuated?
by ? ? - Wednesday, 22 June 2016, 2:08 AM

Hi,

Can anyone explain how "Course set due" notifications are triggered in programs and certifications? There doesn't seem to be any way of viewing or explicitly setting course set due dates.

I assume it's a combination of a user's individual program date minus the minimum time required to complete each remaining course set, but I can't find it documented anywhere. 

Also, if this is the case, what happens when there's only one course set and today + minimum time required = program due date? Is the message triggered on user assignment?

Thanks

Ryan

me
Re: How are "course set due" dates calcuated?
by George Angus - Wednesday, 22 June 2016, 8:42 PM
Group Totara

Hi Ryan,

One of the complicating factors here is, for example, if you have the sets A or B, then C. The due date of C could be variable, then there can be other relative dates involved too. So as you said it looks like its based off prog_completion.timedue which is set by $now - coursesetgroup.mintimereq.

If there's only one course set then you should use a program due message, rather than course set due. I don't think the course set due date is ever calculated for the first course set. But regardless, if you've only got one course set, you don't need course set messages.

cheers,

George.