Previous General Totara Learn discussions (read only)

Disabling preview for Exam

Hellmuth Sole
Disabling preview for Exam
von Hellmuth Sole – Thursday, 23 June 2016, 9:21 PM

Hi, I'm using Totara v2.6 and I have an exam which students are taking in preview mode, which apparently is not graded.  I can't find a way to disable this function.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

me
Re: Disabling preview for Exam
von George Angus – Sunday, 26 June 2016, 4:02 PM
Gruppe Totara

Hi Hellmuth,

Go to the SCORM package administration, Appearance, select Show more and you can disable the Preview mode there.

regards,

George.

Hellmuth Sole
von Hellmuth Sole – Monday, 27 June 2016, 11:17 AM

Hi George, thanks for the reply. However if you notice, it's not a preview for a SCORM (this is rather straightforward, but rather for a Quiz (exam).  I've not found a setting for this.

Take care,

Hellmuth.

me
von George Angus – Monday, 27 June 2016, 4:50 PM
Gruppe Totara

Hi Hellmuth,

Apologies - when you said 'preview mode' I assumed it was an exam in a SCORM. This might be connected to the role the user has in the Quiz - can you confirm they are Learners? Some roles aren't graded. Also can you give me any more info about the quiz - how users are getting enrolled, grade settings etc?

cheers,

George.

Hellmuth Sole
von Hellmuth Sole – Monday, 27 June 2016, 5:36 PM

Hi George, actually one of the users is a trainer, so I understand that he will always conduct the exam in preview mode.  However another user which presents this issue is a learner, and we haven't modified any permissions from the standard defaults on Totara.  The enrollment to the course is by using dynamic audiences, and the we give the quizzes a total score of 40 points.  The remaining 60 points of the course are allocated to our SCORM packages (we have on average 4 per course, and each one counts for 15 points).  Access to the quiz is not conditioned to anything, and we grade the user's first attempt.

Thanks,

Hellmuth.

me
von George Angus – Monday, 27 June 2016, 5:42 PM
Gruppe Totara

Hi Hellmuth,

Can you confirm the user has the Learner role in the course? Have you tried creating a test user and logging in as? Id just like to establish clearly what's going on. Also I think you should put in a support ticket via your partner here as we may require screenshots and logins to the site (if possible). 

cheers,

George.

Hellmuth Sole
von Hellmuth Sole – Monday, 27 June 2016, 6:13 PM

Hi George, I think I saw what was happening.  In a more recent post I made (Dynamic audiences for grader report), this is one of the users which we added to the site after the group was made within the course.  Therefore, the grader was not displaying her score when looking for it with the group filter.  So it seems to not be a "preview" issue (this was the case for one of our instructors) but rather how to have dynamic groups within our grader report.

Thanks for your help, and hope someone can provide us with insight as to the grader report use with dynamic audiences.

Hellmuth.