Previous General Totara Learn discussions (read only)

Order of competencies in a learning plan

? ?
Order of competencies in a learning plan
על ידי ? ? בתאריך 17/03/2017, 09:19

Hi

I would like to be able to add competencies to a users learning plan but for the competencies to be displayed in the order that they appear in the original framework (as this is a logical order) but currently they keep changing to alphabetical.

I have edited the report and changed default column to none but they still seem to order themselves in ascending order based on the competency column.

How do I get around this?

Thanks

Hayley

Craig Eves
Re: Order of competencies in a learning plan
על ידי Craig Eves (Totara Support) בתאריך 19/03/2017, 20:15
קבוצה Totara

Hi Hayley

The order of competencies in the Learning Plan does seem to be alphabetic by competency. I can't edit this report in the report builder in v9 so can't see how you have set the column to none.  Did you modify this report through the report builder?

I numbered the competencies in the order I wanted and this got them in the order required but not ideal.

LP order

regards

? ?
על ידי ? ? בתאריך 20/03/2017, 07:45

Hi Craig

I am still using 2.9 at the moment and I can edit it in the report builder and it has this option at the bottom:

I hoped having this set to none would mean it will revert to hierarchy order but it seems not. Numbering could be an option, I hadn't thought of that. Your're right not ideal but if its the only way then I may have to consider it.

Thanks

Craig Eves
על ידי Craig Eves (Totara Support) בתאריך 20/03/2017, 17:12
קבוצה Totara

Hi Hayley

I still couldn't see the report for Learning Plans :Competencies in 2.9 there is one for Record of Learning: Competencies.

With this report you can set the default column to None - I tried this and there is online help saying that the default sort column will be returned to when the user session is finished. When I logged out the order seemed to be in order added.

ROL competency