Previous General Totara Learn discussions (read only)

Recording Storyline free text quiz answers in Totara

??
Recording Storyline free text quiz answers in Totara
?? 发表于 2017年05月3日 Wednesday 03:59

Morning all, 

This is my first post so please go easy on me.

I'm a freelance eLearning developer and i have been asked by a client if I could add some free text response questions into a course i'm building. 

They then want to gather these responses into their LMS.

Their administrator is unsure whether it can or not so i thought i would register here and ask some experts.

So can it record responses and if so, do you know where the best place to get info on how to do it?

me
Re: Recording Storyline free text quiz answers in Totara
AngusGeorge 发表于 2017年05月3日 Wednesday 18:27
小组 Totara

Hi Howie,

What is their LMS?

You would probably want something like a quiz module & and an essay question. its straightforward enough to set up.

There's a Course Creator: Quizzes and Question Banks video here.

cheers,

George.

??
?? 发表于 2017年05月4日 Thursday 00:10

Hi George. 

It's Totara, I'm not sure what version though. The course is built in Articulate Storyline with text entry and survey answers. I'm looking to find out if the text responses can be reported within Totara.

me
AngusGeorge 发表于 2017年05月4日 Thursday 21:18
小组 Totara

Hi George,

You should have a look at the SCORM report source and see it there's anything there which corresponds to whats coming out of the SCORM, and give it a test! Its difficult to tell without further detail - maybe someone else on the forums has had a similar experience, or on the Moodle forums.

cheers,

George.

??
?? 发表于 2017年05月8日 Monday 23:53

I look forward to someone with better experience to contradict, but I would say this is not possible in Totara out of the box.
You can query the users SCORM tracing by viewing the Attempt and then Track Details, but that depends on if the SL package has been set up to record the individual interactions.
Not a perfect solution and practicalities of application would depend on the numbers of users involved and the administration overhead that would be involved in querying every attempt.
Having said that, the information is stored in a DB table somewhere so a custom report could possibly be produced to display the responses, outside of my capabilities though.

The other option would be to have the free text questions outside of the SCORM package and set it up as an Assessment/Quiz/Feedback in Totara which would make question level analysis a snip :)

TC