Previous General Totara Learn discussions (read only)

Uncompleted courses automatic notifications

? ?
Uncompleted courses automatic notifications
de ? ? - Monday, 8 de May de 2017, 00:17

Hi,

Is there a way to set messages to be sent out for learners who didn't complete a course they were enrolled to ? 

Thx

me
Re: Uncompleted courses automatic notifications
de George Angus - Monday, 8 de May de 2017, 15:55
Grupo Totara

Hi Oded,

The best way to do this would be to use the messaging functionality in Programs. There's some guidance here (towards the foot of the page).

cheers,

George.

? ?
de ? ? - Tuesday, 9 de May de 2017, 06:44

Hi George,

Thanks for guiding me through. Unfortunately even through programs I can't find a trigger to notify enrolled learners who didn't yet complete the program/course.

Is there a way to alert in such cases ? 

Cheers,
Oded

me
de George Angus - Tuesday, 9 de May de 2017, 18:33
Grupo Totara

Hi Oded,

If you create a program then go to the messages tabs, at the bottom of the page you can add a new message. 

There's a dropdown menu and if you choose "course set due" you can set triggers for the message. You can also do this with other messages and set the triggers for what and when suits you best. I've linked to the relevant helpdocs in my previous post.

cheers,

George.

? ?
de ? ? - Wednesday, 10 de May de 2017, 00:40

Hi George,

Apparently I'm not being clear enough regarding my need. 

I know how to set triggered messages in Programs. I need a specific trigger which will alert only learners who didn't yet complete their program/course. Do you know a way to perform this specific action ? The Program Due trigger is somewhat similar to what I need, but what happens if there is no due date for the program ? How can I alert learners who still need to complete the program/course ? 

Hope I made myself clear now.

Cheers,
Oded 

me
de George Angus - Wednesday, 10 de May de 2017, 21:33
Grupo Totara

Hi Oded,

Thanks for the clarification - apologies for getting the wrong end of the stick! There's not really any way to do what you want without using the due date. Why can't you use it? Im just asking for a clearer idea of what you want to do.

cheers,

George.

? ?
de ? ? - Thursday, 11 de May de 2017, 01:41

HI George,

I'm trying to track learners progress in a specific course, and alert only those who didn't yet complete the course. 

There is no due date for the program/course. I'm only validating the completion status of learners and based on that I would like to alert learners who didn't yet complete the course.

Thx,
Oded

? ?
de ? ? - Thursday, 11 de May de 2017, 03:30

I don't mind even have the ability to filter out the users who didn't complete a course and compose a manual message to be sent as a reminder.

Is that doable ? 

Thx,
Oded

me
de George Angus - Sunday, 14 de May de 2017, 19:51
Grupo Totara

Hi Oded,

There's a Completion Status column in the Course Completion report source which will let you know what's going on. 

What you could do is create a Dynamic Audience using the NOT course completed rule (along with any other metric available to isolate the users you want to capture) then under Bulk User Actions (Users>accounts, chose show more for filters) you can sent a message to the those users by the Audience ID.

hope this is useful,

cheers,

George.

? ?
de ? ? - Monday, 15 de May de 2017, 07:50

That does the trick.

Thanks !