Previous General Totara Learn discussions (read only)

Create Empty Job Assignments

Neil Hellewell
Create Empty Job Assignments
بواسطة Monday, 8 May 2017, 8:56 PM - Neil Hellewell

Hi everyone

We have just upgraded to Totara 9 and getting some seriously unhappy feedback around Job Assignments. Currently staff can select their own manager - but it also seems that they can create an empty job assignment for their manager.

This may be a feature - but staff are finding this more confusing than helpful - so I was hoping there was a way to not let a user create an empty job assignment. Happy for staff to select from job assignments that their managers have created - but would be great if users could not create job assignments for others.

I have worked through all the settings - but unable to find much around job assignments.

Any feedback, information - or solutions very gratefully received

Cheers

Neil

me
Re: Create Empty Job Assignments
بواسطة Thursday, 11 May 2017, 5:22 PM - George Angus
مجموعة Totara

Hi Neil,

Sorry for the late reply here. Are you saying the users are creating unnamed job assignments? Im not quite clear on what you mean by 'not create job assignments for others'. Can you clarify? 

If you are talking about unnamed assignments then one answer would be a new/separate capability, theres not really a workaround unless you disable multiple job assignments.

regards,

George.

Neil Hellewell
Re: Create Empty Job Assignments
بواسطة Sunday, 14 May 2017, 1:23 PM - Neil Hellewell

Hi George - thanks for your reply.

When staff go in to add a new job assignment, they get the option to add an empty job assignment. This then gives a second job assignment to the Manager, which is proving to be confusing to managers who are deleting the job assignments and staff who keep creating them.

It would be helpful to only allow staff to select job assignments that the Manager themselves have set up. Do you know if this is possible - as I cannot find any permissions settings around this.

Thanks for your help

Warm Regards, Neil