Totara Learn Open Discussions

Audiences/ Certifications issue

? ?
Audiences/ Certifications issue
de ? ? - Monday, 26 de March de 2018, 20:55

Good afternoon,

I apologise if this has already been asked but I am hoping someone on here is able to help me solve this issue.

I have set up an audience which is automatically into a certification with a set due date. However, new staff are automatically pulled into the audience and assigned to the certification, meaning they login in for the first time to find they have overdue certifications. I tried making the certifications visible instead but it unassigned it and screwed with my reporting. I want to be able to remove these staff from the audience but also have a way of adding them to the certification easily at a later date.

I am wanting to do two things/need help with two things:

1. How to remove new staff members from this audience

2. Is there a way to create a rule for certifications where they will be assigned after X days/months after first login?

Hopefully the above makes sense and thank you

Craig Eves
Re: Audiences/ Certifications issue
de Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 27 de March de 2018, 17:31
Grupo Totara

Hi Rebekah

This can be done by having an audience rule for the certification audience based on being before the users first login date. (or another field value if there is one suitable).

Any existing audience members that don't meet this rule will be removed from the audience providing the 'Remove a user's membership when they no longer meet the rule sets criteria' is ticked.

There is also a rule for adding a user based on logging in more than a specified number of days ago. (this is in version 10 this may not be available in earlier versions)

Actually thinking about this more the user will be removed from audience if they have logged in less than 30 days ago (so probably need to untick the remove users option after doing the initial removal of audience members so members who have logged in and enrolled in certificate aren't removed) 

It would pay to test this on an audience without enrolled learning to see this works how you want, otherwise people could end up being unenrolled from certifications when you don't want them to be.

regards

? ?
Re: Audiences/ Certifications issue
de ? ? - Tuesday, 27 de March de 2018, 18:41

Thanks Craig, this is very helpful. Not sure if the second part is available on version 2.9 but I will definitely try the first suggestion.

Have a great day!