Totara Learn Open Discussions

Making a restricted visibility User Profile Field Visibile in a tech admin report download

? ?
Making a restricted visibility User Profile Field Visibile in a tech admin report download
بواسطة Tuesday, 27 March 2018, 2:13 PM - ? ?

Hi I am wondering if it is possible - we are currently on 2.9 to be able to have a restricted visibility customised user profile field which I can see in the report I have produced but I it is shown as not visible when I download even though I am the technical administrator at our organisation.  Firstly does anyone know if this is possible or do I have to change to visible and then change back as we do not want this field to be seen by anyone except the user and our Tech Admins.  If anyone can help I would appreciate it as I needed to do my report yesterday.  Jenni

Craig Eves
Re: Making a restricted visibility User Profile Field Visibile in a tech admin report download
بواسطة Tuesday, 27 March 2018, 5:12 PM - Craig Eves (Totara Support)
مجموعة Totara

Hi Jenni

I tried this by creating a report using the user source and adding a text user profile field with restricted visibility on and then exporting the report . The value in the restricted field was included.

Were you logged in as site administrator when you tried this?

Did you use the export option in the report builder. 

What type of custom field did you use ?

regards

Alexander Roche
Re: Making a restricted visibility User Profile Field Visibile in a tech admin report download
بواسطة Tuesday, 27 March 2018, 6:33 PM - Alexander Roche
مجموعة Partners
Hi Jen Might be a permissions issue on the Tech Admin role. We will take a look. rgds Alexander