Totara Learn Open Discussions

Seminar Permissions

Belinda Sharp
Seminar Permissions
על ידי Belinda Sharp בתאריך 18/04/2018, 18:16

I have set up a course with three separate seminars in it. When staff try to sign up for the seminar they are getting the message 

You don't have permission to signup to this seminar event.

When I log on as the member of staff I don't get the message and can sign up to the seminar.

Cheers

Belinda

me
Re: Seminar Permissions
על ידי George Angus בתאריך 18/04/2018, 21:12
קבוצה Totara

Hi Belinda,

Which version of Totara are you using? How are the users being enrolled into the course? Are you using the Seminar Direct Enrollment plugin?

cheers,

George.

Belinda Sharp
על ידי Belinda Sharp בתאריך 19/04/2018, 15:41

Hi George

We are using Totara LMS 9.0

We are using the following enrollment methods (I have opened them all up to try and solve the issue)!

Guest access

Manual enrolments

Auto enrolment

Self enrolment (Learner)

Learning Plan

Im not sure what you mean by Seminar Direct plug in. I set the course page up and then set the seminars up as activities in the course.

We did some more testing yesterday with 4 colleagues, 3 could not register and one could! They are all in the same team with the same permissions and at the same level in the organisation.

Any help?

Kind regards

Belinda

Belinda Sharp
על ידי Belinda Sharp בתאריך 19/04/2018, 20:25

Further to the above, it would appear that some staff are able to enroll on the course without enrolling on a specific session, and to enrol on the session you have to enroll on the whole course first.

me
על ידי George Angus בתאריך 19/04/2018, 20:50
קבוצה Totara

Hi Belinda,

Would it be possible for you to ask your Totara Partner to submit a support ticket? Its possible we might need access to your site too - would this be possible?

cheers,

George.

Belinda Sharp
על ידי Belinda Sharp בתאריך 22/04/2018, 19:47

I have done this - thanks.