Totara Learn Open Discussions

Academy sandpit help

? ?
Academy sandpit help
von ? ? – Thursday, 16 August 2018, 8:04 PM

Hi all, I'm using the Totar sandpit to work on the Totara 9 LMS administrator certification. Having problems changing settings - I can make and try to save changes but it doenst change the look etc like it would in a live site. I have the same problem on my home sites sandpit. Should it do things like let me change the front page etc for the certification? 

? ?
Re: Academy sandpit help
von ? ? – Friday, 17 August 2018, 9:51 AM

Hi Jo,

Changes you make should be visible immediately and the sandbox site "admin" account has permissions to make all of the changes to the site that you need for the certification. If you're not seeing changes:

1. Make sure your settings are being saved. If you hit save at the bottom of the page, but are still being shown the Settings page, scroll down through and look for red text calling out an issue with the settings (for example, this can happen if the color code you enter for a theme isn't the right format).

2. Try looking at the page you've changed with a different browser. It's not as much an issue anymore, but people used to run into problems where the theme wouldn't appear to change because the old page was cached by the browser/server and the view of the page wouldn't match the new settings.

If you're still not seeing your changes, please let me know what URL you're accessing, the browser and version, and the OS you're on.

Thanks!

Wes