Totara Learn Open Discussions

Forum Email Notifications

? ?
Forum Email Notifications
di ? ? - Friday, 17 August 2018, 01:25

Hi all, 

I’ve put a forum into a course page with Optional Subscription. I’m wanting to receive any forum notifications via the email address I have listed with Mable, but I can’t work out how to set this up? I’m unsure where I change messaging preferences for forum subscriptions. 

Can I also confirm if users with other roles in the system (e.g., trainer, learner) would change their messaging preferences the same way as an admin?

Thanks,

Emma

me
Re: Forum Email Notifications
di George Angus - Monday, 20 August 2018, 20:52
Gruppo Totara

Hi Emma,

Im not quite clear on what 'Mable' is. Can you explain?

cheers,

George.

? ?
di ? ? - Tuesday, 21 August 2018, 03:44

Hi George, 

Apologies - Mable is the name of our LMS.

Thanks, Emma

David
di David Shaw - Wednesday, 22 August 2018, 06:29

Hi Emma, 

The settings page for the Totara profile is hidden in your implementation as it got confusing when combined with the Social settings page which is where we send people to by default. 

The settings page can be found here for your account [site URL]/totara/message/edit.php?id=2689

The default settings on the site are to send emails for subscribed forum posts so you should be getting emails.

Regards David

? ?
di ? ? - Tuesday, 28 August 2018, 06:57

Hi David, 

That's great, thanks for the help. 

One of our 'trainers' isn't receiving email notifications for subscribed forum posts - do you know why this would be?

Thanks,

Emma

David
di David Shaw - Monday, 3 September 2018, 02:17

Hi Emma,

I can't tell without looking at their settings.  If you raise a Jira ticket with Kineo, the support team can have a look at the setup for that user.

Regards

David