Totara Learn Open Discussions

Assignment grading - disable annotate PDF

James Landrigan
Assignment grading - disable annotate PDF
by James Landrigan - Wednesday, 5 September 2018, 1:06 AM

Hi All,

This is quite urgent :) I really, really need to disable the "annotate PDF" feedback type for a number of my Assignment activities (but not for all of them).

Can I do this for individual activities?

Many thanks

James 

me
Re: Assignment grading - disable annotate PDF
by George Angus - Wednesday, 5 September 2018, 9:28 PM
Group Totara
Hi James, 

We need more info on how you've set things up & what version you are using. In the first instance have you tried contacting your Totara Partner? 

This channel is really for discussion rather than direct support. If you are still have problems can you ask your Totara Partner to submit a Support ticket with as much detail as you can supply?

regards,

George.

James Landrigan
by James Landrigan - Wednesday, 5 September 2018, 10:13 PM

Hi George, 

Thanks for your response. I have asked my Totara partner but I have always found this discussion forum very supportive so posted here too. Coincidentally they replied about the same time you did saying that the "Annotate PDF" feedback can only be on or off site wide which I am hoping is incorrect especially when you can have an Assignment Activity that doesn't require a file submission at all.

We recently upgraded to Totara 10 which is when the Annotate PDF feature appeared. I don't want to turn it off completely as it is useful when a PDF submission is made but we have Assignment activities that only require text submission and people grading these are not very happy about the Annotate PDF window opening up.

Ideally Annotate PDF would be an option you can select in the "Feedback Types" section of the Assignment Settings.

Any thoughts would greatly appreciated.

Regards

James

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 6 September 2018, 5:19 PM
Group Totara
Hi James

the Feedback type can be changed on an individual assignment basis - if you change the type of feedback to say Feedback files for the individual assignment then I think that you can add all your feedback as a file for the Assignment rather than the PDF comment that is enabled for the site.

Regards

James Landrigan
by James Landrigan - Thursday, 6 September 2018, 6:01 PM

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your reply. My issue is that I would like to remove the Annotate PDF feedback type from Assignment Activities that don't require a file submission from the leaner, only a text entry. Is that possible? 

Thanks

James

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 6 September 2018, 6:55 PM
Group Totara

Hi James

It looks like it is possible.

I changed an Assignment - Assignment Submission type to 'Online text' and was able to change the Feedback type to Feedback files.

Regards