Totara Learn Open Discussions

Course completion within groups

Eliana C
Course completion within groups
par Eliana C, Tuesday 11 September 2018, 11:22

Hi all,

How can I set or what settings should be considered when setting course completion within groups? This is the scenario: 1 course page, 4 groups, each group must submit a daily questionnaire (5 questionnaires, per week, per group).

How to set course completion based on the 5 questionnaires that each group member must complete?

The issue is when setting Course Completion Requirements, one must check 'ALL selected activities to be completed' - this means that instead of considering 5 questionnaires to set as completed, it will be considered all 20 questionnaires available in the course.

Any workaround?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Craig Eves
Re: Course completion within groups
par Craig Eves (Totara Support), Tuesday 11 September 2018, 19:36
Groupe Totara

Hi Eliana

I am assuming that the questionnaires are different for each group.

What you could do is to use the restrict access to limit access to the five questionnaires to the relevant group using access restrictions.

Then create an activity that is required to completed to complete the course - this activity is only available when any of a restriction set has been completed. The restriction set can contain the questionnaires for each group. restriction sets allow nesting of restrictions. 

Regards

Eliana C
par Eliana C, Wednesday 12 September 2018, 07:43

Hi Craig,

It makes perfect sense, and something like that had occurred me - indeed it only takes one extra activity to make it work.

I've never used the Restriction Set option, but it seems to be the best option for this scenario.

Thank you so much!

BR.

David
par David Shaw, Wednesday 12 September 2018, 01:26

Hi Eliana,

You could use grades.  If each questionnaire is worth 1 point, then set the completion grade for the course to be 5 points.  Then when they complete the 5 that they have access to they get a completion.

David

Eliana C
par Eliana C, Wednesday 12 September 2018, 07:47

Hi David,

That option occurred me as well, but... is it possible to set Questionnaire with grade? I don't see it on its edit settings. Or do you set it at Gradebook level?

Thanks!

BR.