Totara Learn Open Discussions

Notification not sent

Larry Mitipelo
Notification not sent
von Larry Mitipelo – Wednesday, 3 October 2018, 2:18 PM
Gruppe Most Helpful Contributor 2021Gruppe Most Helpful Contributor 2022Gruppe Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi,

I've got a notification set up on a workshop for learner cancellations.

It's active but when learners are cancelling the notification is not being sent.

It's also set to go to the manager and a third party.

I've checked our mail log report but there is no record of it being sent to any of them.

Does anyone know of a reason this might be happening?

thanks,
Larry

me
Re: Notification not sent
von George Angus – Thursday, 4 October 2018, 7:11 PM
Gruppe Totara
Hi Larry,

Are any other notifications going out from the event, its just the cancellation ones which don't work?

If you look in the site logs for the time when the user signed out (or you an repeat with a test user account) you should see something like this:

'The user with id '0' sent a message to the user with id '4'.'

This will tell you if the message has been generated. If it has, but not been received it may be a problem with you email server.

cheers,

George.

Larry Mitipelo
von Larry Mitipelo – Tuesday, 9 October 2018, 3:52 PM
Gruppe Most Helpful Contributor 2021Gruppe Most Helpful Contributor 2022Gruppe Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi,

Turns out users were unenrolling from the course which also removed them from the workshop event.

But as this is not a cancellation no notification was sent and no update was sent to their Outlook calendar.

I'm surprised that unenrolling would not also have the same effect as cancelling the workshop event especially seeing as the system goes as far as to remove them from the event.

Anyway I've removed the ability for learners to unerol from the course so they have to cancel the workshop now. 

thanks

me
von George Angus – Wednesday, 10 October 2018, 8:34 PM
Gruppe Totara

Hi Larry,

Which way did they unenroll?

cheers,

George.

Larry Mitipelo
von Larry Mitipelo – Thursday, 11 October 2018, 12:15 PM

On the course page there was an unerol link.

me
von George Angus – Thursday, 11 October 2018, 7:23 PM
Gruppe Totara

Hi Larry,

I agree this could be confusing. I've created an Improvement request, TL-19081 Seminar notifications when a Learner self-unenrolls from a course.

Im not quite sure what the best solution would be here, please feel free to add any comments you may have on the linked post.

Cheers,

George.

Larry Mitipelo
von Larry Mitipelo – Sunday, 14 October 2018, 2:22 PM

thanks George, will do.