Totara Learn Open Discussions

Best way to end program

Marina Zelinskaya
Best way to end program
door Marina Zelinskaya - Friday, 19 October 2018, 09:29 AM

Hello, all,

I have the following situation.  I have a fiscal program that uses audiences to auto enroll employees.  I need to end it in preparation for release on its equivalent for the next fiscal year, but there are still a number of employees that have not completed the training.  

My goal is two fold. 

1) End the program so that the new employees won't keep getting assigned the training.  

2) Keep this training available to the already enrolled employee and keep this training as required.

I'm hoping to get somebody to share how they approached a similar situation and what's the best way to go about this.

Thank you,

Marina Zelinskaya

Craig Eves
Re: Best way to end program
door Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 22 October 2018, 13:18 PM
Groep Totara

Hi Marina

If you are using a dynamic audience to enrol learners in the program then it is possible to prevent new audience members from being added  by unticking the 'Make a user a member when they meet the criteria' in the audience that enrols learners in the program.

There is also a 'Remove a user's membership when they no longer meet the rules set criteria' - which could also be unticked depending on whether the existing learners could possibly not meet the audience rules.

Regards

? ?
door ? ? - Tuesday, 6 November 2018, 12:14 PM

Hi Craig

i had the SAME question but my audience was not dynamic and there were a lot of single users added.  what would be the best way to end it for them --while re-launching it with a new Audience?

what would happen if i just delete the users out of the existing program [before adding the new ones in?]   what does that do?

thanks in advance your so very helpful

Christina 

Craig Eves
door Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 6 November 2018, 15:44 PM
Groep Totara

Hi Christina

If you delete the users from the set audience they will be unenrolled from the program and courses. 

If you want to give them an opportunity to complete the old program then only delete them when they have completed the program or you could assign these users in the dynamic audience so they are reenrolled in the program with the new program conditions.

To make sure I have your requirements right can you outline more details on what you mean by ending and relaunching the program.

regards