Totara Learn Open Discussions

Email Templates

Cecil Bergwin
Email Templates
על ידי Cecil Bergwin בתאריך 22/10/2018, 05:45

Hi All,

I was wondering where to access the email templates which are sent to enrolled users? and are these customizable.

Can we also specify a particular email template to a specific course?

Thanks

Craig Eves
Re: Email Templates
על ידי Craig Eves (Totara Support) בתאריך 22/10/2018, 16:34
קבוצה Totara

Hi Cecil 

The course welcome message is only available on the self enrolment and seminar direct enrolment methods.

There is a feature request to extend this https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=22182

If you are using the self enrolment method then go into the course administration and Select Users > Enrolment methods > Self enrolment > Custom welcome message 

A workaround for this is to make the course part of a program and use the program enrolment message 

Another alternative is to use a announcement  forum in the course and autosubscribing learners to the forum so they get any messages when they access the course the first time.

Regards

Cecil Bergwin
על ידי Cecil Bergwin בתאריך 24/10/2018, 10:57

Hi Craig,

Thank you so much for your input, I've found the custom message and indeed I am working with the Seminar style booking.

I notice that a default email is sent out using some template but I'm not sure where this template is located for me to edit? that is my initial goal to be honest but will certainly look into the other parts you mention.

If you could possibly point me in the right direct to edit existing templates that would be fantastic.

Thank You!

Craig Eves
על ידי Craig Eves (Totara Support) בתאריך 28/10/2018, 14:38
קבוצה Totara

Hi Cecil

The seminar templates are editable through Site administration > Seminars > Notification templates . Choose the template you want to change. This will be the template that is used for new seminars. 

There is an option to update all activities - this will change all existing notifications that use this template which may not be what you want. If you want to update just some of the existing notifications then go into the course and select seminar and go to Seminar administration > Notifications and edit the required notification. 

regards

Cecil Bergwin
על ידי Cecil Bergwin בתאריך 30/10/2018, 12:42

Once again Thank You!

Very much appreciated, I have found these with your guidance.