Totara Learn Open Discussions

Hiding assignment data in programme

? ?
Hiding assignment data in programme
door ? ? - Tuesday, 6 November 2018, 07:50 AM

Dear community members,

I've created a programme with several courses.

At the top of the page, the data included under "assignments", like the name of the audience and the starting and end date are shown.

I would rather not show this information.

Is there any way I could hide it?...I do not see the option under "Assignments"

Thank you very much in advance !

Craig Eves
Re: Hiding assignment data in programme
door Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 6 November 2018, 14:43 PM
Groep Totara
Hi Vicky

The Assignments tab should only be visible to roles that can edit programs and configure program assignments.

If you don't want a role to see the assignments then select Site admin > Users > Permissions > Define roles 

Search for the Configure program assignments and select Prevent.

Can you describe why you are wanting to not see who is assigned to the Program as the person creating the program usually wants to assign people to the program.

Regards

? ?
door ? ? - Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 00:19 AM

Thanks Craig,

We actually do not want the people enrolled to see the name of the audience given , which is something internal and does not have any added value for them.

Also we would like to hide the "Date assigned", "due date" fields.

Actually, this is what the people enrolled see under the programme title (me, as administrator do not see this by the way)

You are required to complete this program under the following criteria:

•Member of audience ' > Line Managers 4 > TM 2019'.

Date assigned: 06 November 2018       Due date: No due date set      Progress: 0%

Any idea if this can be hidden / removed?

Craig Eves
door Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 8 November 2018, 13:13 PM
Groep Totara

Hi Vicky

It is possible to change the language of most of the content in Totara through Site admin > Language >Language customisation 

When I did a search I found the string memberofcohort with the text Member of audience '($a)'. - if you takeout the place holder   '($a) then the audience name shouldn't show. This will hide this information for everyone which may not be what you want.

Alternatively you could rename the audiences with their Audience ID and add details of the Audience in the Description field for the Audience.

Regards