Suggest Totara Learn features

TL-19483 - Add option to Toggle HR Import for Job Assignment records

Tom Wood
TL-19483 - Add option to Toggle HR Import for Job Assignment records
by Tom Wood - Monday, 19 November 2018, 8:01 AM
Group Totara

Details

When you create a job assignment manually there is a checkbox option to enable HR Import.
This is the only way in the UI to toggle this on/off to allow these job assignments to be updated via HR import. On a large system with lots of users this could be a laborious process to identify and update each record individually to switch on HR Import setting for the job assignment

Suggestion

Partner has suggested that there should be an option in the UI to help identify and update job assignment records that do/do not have the HR Import option enabled. (i.e similar to the toggle HR Import option that is currently available in Users > Accounts > Bulk User Actions.

Carl Slater
Re: TL-19483 - Add option to Toggle HR Import for Job Assignment records
by Carl Slater - Tuesday, 18 December 2018, 1:29 AM

I agree with suggestion.

From the last HR import I tried to load I had just over 100 records that I had to manually change the HR import within the job assignment which was time consuming.

If a toggle cannot be added could the system default not be set to ticked within a job assignments. If you did not want the HR import to updated then it could be unticked manually.

If it is only a small site where job assignments are manually managed then unticking would be easier than ticking for admins who manage large numbers of users.

Irma Boks-Eek
by Irma Boks-Eek - Thursday, 6 August 2020, 2:32 AM
Group 2022 Learner of the Year (Silver)Group PartnersGroup TXP Site Administrator
I agree completely with Carl. 

Here we also speak of a little more than 100 jobassignments that were made before the customer used the HR import that do not have the tick.

Ben Schlaepfer
by Ben Schlaepfer - Tuesday, 6 July 2021, 4:19 AM

Also struggling with c.250 users that have their Job Assignment HR Import switched off - no means of bulk editing those that we are aware of.
Csaba Gloner
by Csaba Gloner - Monday, 12 September 2022, 7:06 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Partners

I just wanted to mention that we repeatedly get questions about this from our clients, so this seems to be a required feature for a lot of Totara admins.