Totara User Conferences

EMEA Totara User Conference 2019 (London)

Kayleigh Tanner
EMEA Totara User Conference 2019 (London)
by Kayleigh Tanner - Tuesday, 29 January 2019, 2:46 AM

If you're based in EMEA, we'd love to invite you to our 2019 EMEA Totara User Conference, taking place in London on 15th-16th May.

Our team is busy putting together a couple of really useful days for anyone interested in elevating their knowledge of Totara to the next level, or anyone who wants to find out about the impressive results our current users are getting from their Totara platforms.

We have some fantastic speakers lined up for you, including UNICEF's Abel Henry, Deutsche Bahn's Mario Perilli, Hull & East Yorkshire Hospitals' Daniel Bond and York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust's Steph Wild, along with our very own CEO Richard Wyles and CLO Lars Hyland. We're also delighted to have secured Lori Niles-Hofmann as our keynote speaker, who will be addressing the top 10 barriers to workplace learning and what you can do to overcome them.

Day 1 will include a product session, covering our product roadmaps, best practice tips and highlighting some interesting features, and will reveal more about Totara Perform, our new performance management product. We will also be sharing more about the Totara Community, and you will have plenty of opportunities to network and share tips with other Totara users in our networking sessions and interactive breakout sessions. We will finish the day by presenting the winning entrants of the Totara Awards with their prizes, before joining us for a fun drinks reception to thank you for being a member of the Totara Community.

Day 2 is all about our partner-run sessions, which you can mix and match depending on your own interests or goals. Some of the topics covered include social learning, the Totara content marketplace, compliance, LMS data and analytics and automated training, and of course there will again be plenty of chances for you to network with other L&D professionals.

This is going to be a fantastic event, and we're all really excited to see you there. It will be a great opportunity for everyone to put faces to the names they've seen on the Totara Community, and gain valuable insights into how Totara is used in other organisations. If you'd like to join us in London in May, make sure you register now to secure your spot.

PS - Early bird tickets are on sale for a limited time only, so if you want all this at a discounted price, make sure you grab your tickets before the end of February.

Kayleigh Tanner
Re: EMEA Totara User Conference 2019 (London)
by Kayleigh Tanner - Wednesday, 3 April 2019, 7:08 AM

If you're still thinking about coming to our EMEA Totara User Conference next month, have a read of our new blog post with keynote speaker Lori Niles-Hofmann. It gives you a sneak peek into what her session will cover, and I know it's going to provide lots of food for thought for everyone who attends!

Lars Hyland
by Lars Hyland - Thursday, 16 May 2019, 6:30 AM
Group Totara

A big thank you to all of you who attended the User Conference in London this week. It was a great to meet so many of you in one place. We'll be posting more about the event in the coming days, but I wanted to say how pleased we are with the positive feedback we've received so far, a huge thank you to all the speakers, contributors, the tireless Totara team for all their behind-the-scenes organisation, as well as the Glaziers Hall venue and A/V staff who helped make the event run so smoothly.

If you have any comments/feedback/suggestions please do share them here. 

Thanks again for being a valued member of the Totara Community.

Best regards,

Lars

Rolf van den Heuvel
by Rolf van den Heuvel - Thursday, 16 May 2019, 11:56 PM

The event was organized very well!

It was a pleasure to present the Thermo Fisher Scientific use case at the conference. I mainly focused on why and how we're developing towards a skills oriented LMS for our field service engineers. 

If any of you would like to get in touch to exchange experiences on this topic in more detail, please contact me.

Totara Perform, as presented by Michael Ball seems to offer new functionality that might help us a lot in the future.

I was also very pleased to hear about the expected improvements on the seminar plugin, as the we still have quite a few challenges with seminar event forecasting, planning and follow up.

Thanks,

Rolf van den Heuvel

Deborah Jackson
by Deborah Jackson - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 2:23 AM

Hello

Sadly I missed your presentation, but my organisation is also interested in a skills based LMS, we are at implementation stage.  We need to get the skills into our duties system (which requires an end date).  I am therefore making sure that all courses with a skill are set within a certification (sometimes the end date is 60 years, as the skill doesn't expire).  I couldn't send you a personal message, but if you would like to contact me, my email is Debbie.jackson@bedfordshire.pnn.police.uk

Regards

Debbie

This forum post has been removed
Friday, 17 May 2019, 2:11 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Indre Dragunaite
by Indre Dragunaite - Friday, 17 May 2019, 7:25 AM

Hi Lars,

It was a great and informative conference - thank you so much!

Have you filmed any of the talks/will you be sharing any of the presentations? I am most interested in the Key Note speaker's one?

Thank you

Indre

Lars Hyland
by Lars Hyland - Monday, 20 May 2019, 8:01 AM
Group Totara

Hi Indre,

Thanks for your positive feedback. We will be sharing the presentations on the Totara Community and also planning a few follow-on webinars (I'm looking forward to yours). We'll publish details very soon.

Thanks again for coming along.

Lars

Profile photo
by Atish Gonsalves - Monday, 20 May 2019, 3:15 AM

Hi Lars,

Really enjoyed the user conference last week.

It was great to hear some inspiring stories and learn more about the product roadmap.

Hi all,

Here are some useful links from my talk:

1. Kaya learning platform - https://kayaconnect.org/
  2. Presentation - https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwke3wjs4j25t3d/Totara%20User%20Event%20-%20May%202019.pdf?dl=0 
  3. Learn more about our work on Innovations in Learning - https://www.humanitarianleadershipacademy.org/innovation/

Look forward to staying in touch.

Atish

Deborah Jackson
by Deborah Jackson - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 2:27 AM

Hello Lars

I really enjoyed the conference, very informative.  I especially enjoyed meeting the developers and discussing with them any issues I had.

I came away with so many ideas, my head was buzzing.

Regards

Debbie

Lars Hyland
by Lars Hyland - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 3:19 AM
Group Totara

Thanks Debbie, for your very positive feedback. :-)

Do share here those ideas that resonated with you - it's great for other community members to know what stood out.

Regards,

Lars

Deborah Jackson
by Deborah Jackson - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 2:33 AM

During the Totara presentation, there was talk of having a forum for Health organisations, but I can't find it.   Plus, I'm wondering if it should be 'Blue Light organisations' as we all seem to operate in a similar way.

Regards

Debbie

Rachel Griffith-Boyes
by Rachel Griffith-Boyes - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 3:21 AM
Group Totara

Hi Debbie,

You can find our new Healthcare sector space here

That's an interesting thought about widening it out to include all blue light services. Why don't you join the group and post that as a suggestion in the forum there to see what others think? 

Thanks!

Rachel

Matt Linaker
Presentation slides
by Matt Linaker - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 8:43 AM
Group Totara

It was great to see so many of you in person at the user conference. We received some interesting feedback about the Community and we're always looking to improve, so thank you for continuing to share your ideas with us. 

If you missed the event or would like to revisit some of the presentations you can access all the slides here

Cheers. 

Jonathan Koek
by Jonathan Koek - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 6:58 AM

I wrote an article about the first day of the conference. Feel free to check it out! Click on the image or here.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/you-dont-want-netflix-learning-writer-jonathan-koek?lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_detail_base%3B0uNSYEwQSmG%2FmkF5gaKHCA%3D%3D&licu=urn%3Ali%3Acontrol%3Ad_flagship3_detail_base-article_description

Lori Niles-Hofmann
by Lori Niles-Hofmann - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 10:56 AM

Finally back in Toronto and a big thank you to everyone for all of the extraordinary efforts towards making this a truly collaborative event. Looking forward to doing a webinar the w/o June 24. Hope you all got some rest over the weekend!