Totara Learn Open Discussions

Learning Plans with Competencies

Carolyn Hawe
Learning Plans with Competencies
by Carolyn Hawe - Thursday, 21 March 2019, 3:56 PM

Hi all

I have been experimenting with Learning Plans. I added a Competency -made up of about 15 courses. When I then viewed the Courses tab all of the courses within the Competency were showing - making it easy for the learner and their manager to see progress and set completion dates.

About a month ago I noticed that the courses were no longer showing in the courses tab - only those that are linked to the competency.

This means that each course is no longer visible to the learner or manager - removing the real value that I saw for my Parks team.

I have reviewed the Learning Plan settings but can't see anything that will enable this to happen again.

Appreciate any information anyone can share.

Thanks

Carolyn

Carolyn Hawe
Re: Learning Plans with Competencies
by Carolyn Hawe - Thursday, 21 March 2019, 4:47 PM

Hi there

I have had some resolution that some of the courses I had added were no longer available.

They are now showing but the manager has to manually select the courses to make them show by selecting the 'Add linked courses from competency'.

Previously these loaded automatically.

Cheers

Carolyn

me
by George Angus - Sunday, 24 March 2019, 8:42 PM
Group Totara

Hi Carolyn,

In order to recreate this I'd need to know what the settings for the Learning plan are, and the order of events ie when the courses became available and when they were added to the LP.

cheers,

George.

Carolyn Hawe
by Carolyn Hawe - Monday, 25 March 2019, 2:25 PM

Hi George

The Learning Plan template is based on the Managers Workflow. I then added the competency (which includes 20 courses) and the courses would all show in the courses tab. Last week I was having to do this manually by opening the Competency and clicking on the Linked Courses.

I have replicated this again this morning but somehow it is now working again, when I open the courses tab all of the courses are showing.

Just one other question is that I notice that some of the Learning Plans that I have created do not appear in the dropdown list - what is the criteria that would determine what would show in the list?

Thanks for your help

Carolyn

me
by George Angus - Monday, 25 March 2019, 6:39 PM
Group Totara

Hi Carolyn,

Its hard to say whats going on without more info. The Learning plans should show up. Is this happening for all users? What is different with the LPs which are visible and those which are not?

cheers,

George.