Totara Learn Open Discussions

Quiz upload file

Its me Rahul
Quiz upload file
par Rahul Kumar, Monday 26 August 2019, 06:02

Hi totara community, 

Pardon me if same question has been asked before.

I would like to know that , if there is any question type in which user or student can upload/submit a pdf file from their computer, moreover I have checked the essay question type in which user have to upload a file file through link.

Please share your knowledge .

Thanking you in advance 

? ?
Re: Quiz upload file
par ? ?, Monday 26 August 2019, 14:56

Hi Rahul,

The essay question allows the learner to submit attached files and can require an attachment as part of the response. To grade the file, the Trainer will need to open the file in their browser or download it to their local machine. 

Can you let us know if that covers the functionality you're looking for?

Thanks,

Wes

Craig Eves
par Craig Eves (Totara Support), Monday 26 August 2019, 14:59
Groupe Totara

Hi Rahul

If you are wanting the question to be part of a quiz then using the essay question does allow  a file to be uploaded by the learner.

There are some settings in the response options that you can change depending on your requirements

• Response format - probably better to have HTML format - file picker not required if you are using Allow attachments
  • Require text - optional as you don't require user input
  • Require attachments - set to 1 so at least 1 file needs to be uploaded

Add instructions for uploading in the Response template and also in the Grader Information

You can also change the maximum mark of the question if required.

If you don't need this to be part of a Quiz then you can use an Assignment activity and allow Submission type of file submission.

Regards

Its me Rahul
par Rahul Kumar, Tuesday 27 August 2019, 00:00

Thank you Craig & Holden, 

Sometime I go blind :P