Suggest Totara Learn features

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Monday, 14 October 2019, 7:43 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Lynn Cauwels
Re: TL-22644 Content marketplace plugin for LinkedIn Learning
by Lynn Cauwels - Monday, 14 October 2019, 10:48 PM
Group PartnersGroup TXP Site Administrator
It would be absolutely great if Linkedin Learning could be a part of the content marketplace! 
We notice that we get this questions more frequently from our customers. 
Nick Carey
by Nick Carey - Friday, 6 March 2020, 1:00 AM

I couldn't agree more. I think having LinkedIn Learning integrated in the Content Marketplace would raise the appeal of Totara massively. Integration with LinkedIn Learning was a key factor for us when choosing the right LMS.

It's a shame that all courses have to be manually configured and setup in Totara. If this could be streamlined via the Content Marketplace that would be excellent.

Patricia Mack
by Patricia Mack - Monday, 25 January 2021, 8:30 AM

Same here - it would be fantastic if Linkedin Learning could be a part of the content marketplace! 
We get this question from our stakeholders more and more frequently. 

Rohit NEgi
by Rohit NEgi - Tuesday, 15 October 2019, 2:05 AM
Group Partners
Hi Jonathan,

This will be such a great addition.

Other cases that I can think of are:

1. Adding the organisation's users automatically to the Totara Course from LinkedIn Learning
  2. Ability to track if the LinkedIn Learning course has been used (or no. of times used  or where used) as Totara content

The solution can also be extended to a user authentication plugin too, which allows:

1. Totara to fetch the organization's users from LinkedIn Learning
  2. Organization's users to login via their LinkedIn Learning account

Hope this helps.

Rodrigo Bolanos
by Rodrigo Bolanos - Wednesday, 16 October 2019, 5:17 AM
Group Partners
Hi Jonathan, It would great to have a plug in like the one mentioned above. Many prospects are asking for that and also integrations with other content platforms such as Udemy, Coursera and Plurasight.

Rodrigo

This forum post has been removed
Wednesday, 16 October 2019, 1:15 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Alex Carrick
by Alex Carrick - Thursday, 17 October 2019, 5:36 AM
Group Partners

Jonathan - one thing I noticed when testing the Go1 marketplace that would help with LinkedIn Learning is the ability to utilize the activity description/meta data.

Use cases:

• If I use a LinkedIn Learning activity as a course > be able to copy the activity description to the course description
  • If I use a LiL activity within a larger course > keep the activity description
Also when using LiL content as a single-acitvity course it would be nice to be be able to map meta data to custom course fields.  Based on an export I've seen from a client the following fields would be available:
  • Course ID
  • Author
  • Release Date
  • Level
  • Duration
  • Category
  • Subjects
  • Description
  • Course Image (Called large thumbnail)
  • Status
Yogesh Pandey
by Yogesh Pandey - Sunday, 1 December 2019, 4:20 PM
Group PartnersGroup Time Trial Silver

Hi Jonathan, 

This is indeed a great idea. We have many customers who ask integration with LinkedIN Learning and it would be great to have this as a Go1 model where it is available as a content marketplace. 

I wanted to check with you if there is any progress / feature ticket opened for this integration to be implemented? If in case this requires any development support, we will be happy to assist. 

Regards,
Yogesh

Carol Papish-Putnam
by Carol Papish-Putnam - Friday, 17 January 2020, 10:14 AM

We are currently trying to get the LinkedIn Learning .CSV download file working in Totara.  Although we haven't worked out all the kinks yet, I've figured out a few things that I thought might be interesting or useful to others.

1. If you copy the course URL into the beginning of the "description" field, users can go directly to the LIL course once they find the course.
  2. To load all the courses into a specific category within your catalogue, you will need to use the # of the category, not the name.  You can find that # by going to Courses and Categories and clicking on the destination category.  The URL will look something like this:  https://xxxx.com/course/management.php?categoryid=132
  3. Add a "format" field to your upload file header and default that to "singleactivity".  After the upload, you can choose Type of Activity=URL and you can copy in the LIL course URL.  (My team is currently discussing whether or not to default the Type of Activity for "singleactivity" to "URL", rather than "Forum" which would remove the need for us to manually change the type of activity)
I created another thread with the same information (https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=23927#p95642) plus a question about whether or not it would be possible to add certain fields to the Course Upload functionality to prevent us having to manually change 7,000 courses (which obviously isn't feasible).  I've also posed a question to our consultant asking if, once we get the courses actually created in Totara via the Course Upload, would we be able to give them a .CSV file with the course shortname/title + the URL for the course that they could manually upload on the back end.  Haven't received a reply back yet but, at least for the initial course upload, that might take care of the manual updating.

Hope this helps someone.  Carol.