Totara Social Open Discussions

Activity Completion

Jaimee Aguas
Activity Completion
by Jaimee Aguas - Tuesday, 3 December 2019, 4:45 AM

Help!

I've been trying to configure the settings for both my SCORM file and the settings on the LMS. People are not getting their progress updated when they complete the elearning. I've tried different settings for the Activity Completion but to no fail.

The thing is, not everyone is experiencing the same thing. Others have no issue completing the course, but there are some that are reporting that their completion status - also known as the circle with the check mark - remain unchecked.

From my end, when I test the SCORM file on a test page, it is working fine. But upon launch, I get messages saying that their completion progress is not updating.

I've attached files in the hopes that this can help.

Thanks in advance.

Craig Eves
Re: Activity Completion
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 3 December 2019, 2:21 PM
Group Totara

Hi Jaimee

The settings in the SCORM look to be OK with the settings in your authoring tool .

There is a SCORM troubleshooting guide here One possibility is the presence of a mastery score can you check imsmanifest.xml file in the SCORM for this.

Is there a possibility that the connection may have been lost to Totara (timed out or bad connection)

Let us know how you get on - you may need to open a support ticket so we can get more details on your setup.

Regards

Jaimee Aguas
by Jaimee Aguas - Wednesday, 4 December 2019, 2:26 AM

Hi Craig

When I checked the XML file, I found this line: <adlcp:masteryscore>1</adlcp:masteryscore> Should it be taken out?

I don't think it's about the connection. No one has mentioned anything about an error message.

Thanks

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 5 December 2019, 12:39 PM
Group Totara

Hi Jaimee

I think you have to look to see if there is a score being reported for the SCORM - the score needs to be at least 1 to for the SCORM status to be Passed. 

What may be happening in your case is that although your SCORM is passing an incomplete status across to Totara, if the score being passed as well is a fail (in terms of the mastery score), then the status provided by your SCORM package will be overridden as Mastery score overrides status - thus the attempt will appear as failed!

There is a SCORM setting under Compatibilty settings > Mastery score overrides that should be set to No 

Regards