Totara Learn Open Discussions

Appraisal

Levoca Kosice
Appraisal
door Levoca Kosice - Wednesday, 11 December 2019, 01:57 AM

Hello, I am developing an appraisal where the first step is initiated by the Appraiser rather than the Learner. 

Unfortunately, the appraisals do not display/activate until the learner clicks on the link of the appraisal first, even if the initial stage is to be completed by the Appraiser.

Is there a way where I could automatically activate the appraisals for everybody in the (dynamic) audience short of logging in as learner and clicking on a link once?

Thank you very much for your clarification. 

Levoca Kosice
Re: Appraisal
door Levoca Kosice - Wednesday, 11 December 2019, 02:33 AM

Basically, whether there is a way to avoid "After an appraisal has been activated, the Status will update to Active. Once an appraisee has viewed their appraisal for the first time, their manager, manager's manager and appraiser will then see the appraisal on their All Appraisals page and begin receiving notifications that have been setup for the appraisal." or not. Thank you very much!

Craig Eves
door Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 11 December 2019, 14:33 PM
Groep Totara

Hi Levoca

There was an improvement introduced in Totara 11.3 and 12 that should allow an Appraiser or manager to access the appraisal before the learner. This requires the learner to have one job assignment - otherwise the learner needs to choose the job assignment before the manager of the job assignment can access the Appraisal.

The messages that are sent out are in the messages tab for you to control what message gets sent out to what role.

See activating an apprasial for more details

Regards 

Levoca Kosice
door Levoca Kosice - Thursday, 12 December 2019, 02:02 AM

Thanks, I will test.
Levoca Kosice
door Levoca Kosice - Thursday, 12 December 2019, 03:23 AM

Hello Craig, we are running 11.9 but it seems after some testing that I am not getting the desired result.

To offer more details, I want the first stage of the appraisal to be completed by the appraiser. Unfortunately, the system still needs the appraisee to click on the link of the actual appraisal at least once. 

All relevant stakeholders have job assignments, but could you please elaborate on this point? I don't fully follow.

Craig Eves
door Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 15 December 2019, 14:09 PM
Groep Totara

Hi Levoca

I tried this out and based on  discussion on TL-15088 I thought this would provide access to the Assessor without the learner having to select the Appraisal.

The Appraiser was automatically assigned to the Appraisal - it sounds like the Allow multiple job assignments needs to be turned off.

Regards

Levoca Kosice
door Levoca Kosice - Monday, 16 December 2019, 05:24 AM

Thanks Craig - this worked!