Totara Learn Open Discussions

Reporting Questions

Ian Fletcher
Reporting Questions
par Ian Fletcher, Thursday 7 May 2020, 09:46

Hello,

My question is around the type of data that can be included/excluded within the Reporting section of the Admin console.

As an example:

I am using a single instance of Totara

I have two Organizational Frameworks

And under the frameworks I have multiple organizations

Is it possible to only look at the data associated with one of the 2 organizational frameworks without having to filter through all of the data within the single instance?  Meaning that when I run an embedded report or create a report that I am only pulling data from one organizational framework.

I don't believe that it's possible But I wanted to confirm.

Thanks,

Ian 

Clive Massyn
Re: Reporting Questions
par Clive Massyn, Thursday 7 May 2020, 13:32

Hi Ian, 

That is a great question - hopefully someone will be able to guide you (and me indirectly). I will have a similar situation in the future. Hopefully it can be done under v12 - I imagine the multi tenancy in v13 will make it easier.

In another note - I recall you had asked a question about the reducing the number of clicks for a learner when loading a SCORM activity - I will post the solution in that question - hopefully you get notifications when someone responds.

Ian Fletcher
par Ian Fletcher, Thursday 7 May 2020, 14:33

Hi Clive,

Agreed that V13 will most likely address this but like you was wondering about a work around in V12.

I actually did receive a response from Totara on the multiple clicks and was really able to address the issue using Featured Links

Thanks,

Ian

Craig Eves
par Craig Eves (Totara Support), Thursday 7 May 2020, 18:48
Groupe Totara

Hi Ian

This sounds like what Global Report restrictions is aimed at achieving .  Records can be restricted so they can only be viewed by a specified group of users. Note there is a substantial impact on report performance if you turn this on 

The restrict by organisation in the Filters tab allows you to select organisation framework and all children of this.

If the global report restrictions doesn't meet your needs then there is the Organisation Framework that can be added as one of the filters and there is also under the Content tab of the report the ability to show only the records of the user's organisation and the organisations below that.

You are correct that multi tenancy will be able to offer more separation of tenants in reports and other areas.

Regards