Totara Learn Open Discussions

html blocks (2 x 4) in consistent layout spacing

Cecil Bergwin
html blocks (2 x 4) in consistent layout spacing
di Cecil Bergwin - Thursday, 23 July 2020, 14:25

Good Evening All,

Hope you are all well!

In developing a new design layout and navigation for the current system I am working with ( I believe its Totara v9 maybe wrong apologies) I am having some strange issues with the 2 sets of 4 html blocks I have placed on my page.

Each html block has exactly the same content, same image style and sizing, yet the spacing between the 1st row of 4 and the 2nd row of 4 isn't the same. No other detail/settings has been changed on the html blocks and all default using the same "class"

Can anybody advise why the spacing on row 1 and 2 are different? (gaps in between blocks) - The image below is for reference but an exact screenshot of the layout (blanked off due to brand/org)

Would really appreciate your support here as its been driving me a little scatty to say the least and have deleted and recreated these blocks so many times for testing, I also added a 3rd row to prove the theory and that row was the same as row but not row 1.

Thanks in advance

Cecil Bergwin
Re: html blocks (2 x 4) in consistent layout spacing
di Cecil Bergwin - Tuesday, 28 July 2020, 00:27

I've still been testing many methods to correct this but to no joy, any help appreciated.

Craig Eves
di Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 28 July 2020, 18:57
Gruppo Totara

Hi Cecil

Apologies for not responding sooner.

Are you adding several  HTML block to the front page by copying and pasting html code into the text editor in html view

Does the html create the one row with content and then when you paste the same html below the columns have different spacing. In theory this should replicate the contents between rows

Or are you using the text editor and creating a table with these rows and columns in - if this is the case is the a header row in the table ?

It might be best to create a support ticket where we can get more details on the version you have, whether there are customisation to the theme and also a copy of the code that you are adding to the html blocks.

Regards

Cecil Bergwin
di Cecil Bergwin - Wednesday, 29 July 2020, 00:24

Hi Craig,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

The html blocks have been created for me by our top level admin, on conversations with them they literally just added 8 html blocks, these are set in the relative positions though the html block settings.

The content inside the html blocks is what I have added myself so I know that is identical. Any further suggestions would be great or I can ask for our admin to contact your support team.

Kind Regards