Totara Learn Open Discussions

Creating a tour covering multiple pages within the same tour

Miranda Kofoed
Creating a tour covering multiple pages within the same tour
על ידי Miranda Kofoed בתאריך 3/09/2020, 05:48

Hi

Is it possible to create a tour that covers multiple pages for example the home page, my learning, find courses within the same tour?

I've tried to locate information or a discussion forum on this but haven't had any success.  Perhaps it's a tour for one page at a time?

If it can be done, I'm assuming it's within the tour settings and 'apply URL to match' field and possibly entering multiple details?

Thanks

Craig Eves
Re: Creating a tour covering multiple pages within the same tour
על ידי Craig Eves (Totara Support) בתאריך 3/09/2020, 15:46
קבוצה Totara

Hi Miranda

A tour is activated by the URL applied - it is possible to include wildcards to the URL but there isn't one url that covers all of these.

Within a tour it is possible to add steps and each of these steps can be linked to an element on the screen such as Find courses. If you use the CSS selector option and locate the CSS selector for this using the developer tools in your Browser (F12) 

Have a look at the user tour database for examples of selecting menu items - you can import a tour such as the site admin one and use as a basis for your tour.

Regards

Rachel Griffith-Boyes
Re: Creating a tour covering multiple pages within the same tour
על ידי Rachel Griffith-Boyes בתאריך 4/09/2020, 00:13
קבוצה Totara
Hi Miranda,

We had the same thought when we were setting up our Community user tours. Something you could do as a workaround is use the final stage of your tour to prompt the user to go to the next page, either by selecting the item (for example, a menu item) or by providing them with the URL in the tour. Then start a new tour on the new page. It's messier to build and isn't exactly what you're asking for, but it could be a similar user experience. 

Let us know how you get on!

Rachel