Totara Learn Open Discussions

course hidden until a specific date

Clive Massyn
course hidden until a specific date
by Clive Massyn - Thursday, 10 September 2020, 9:15 PM

Hi guys, 

I have searched the forum to make sure I'm not asking something that has already been answered but I haven't found he answer to my question (apologies if I did miss it).

With course visibility I know that we can limit the visibility through audiences but is there a way to make a course visible only on a specific date e.g. a new course must go live on Monday. I won't be in on Monday so on Friday I setup the page, add my audience etc is there a way to make the course page hidden until the Monday (or whatever date I set)? I think the restrict access setting only works on a specific topic so I would need to restrict the access on each activity on my page and even then the learners could still see the page but none of the activities.  

So ideally on Monday morning the course should be visible to the intended audience.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Clive 

Craig Eves
Re: course hidden until a specific date
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 14 September 2020, 8:55 PM
Group Totara

Hi Clive

Making this visible by audience would be a good way to achieve this.

There is a rule users's last login date that you can set to on and after the future Monday - a user needs to login to access the course so should trigger this rule when logging on after Monday.

If you are using the course grid catalogue you can make this course featured learning so it is highlighted first

regards

Clive Massyn
Re: course hidden until a specific date
by Clive Massyn - Tuesday, 15 September 2020, 12:12 AM

Thanks Craig, I'll give that a try.