Totara Social Open Discussions

Design specs Totara

Ray McIntosh
Design specs Totara
by Ray McIntosh - Monday, 8 February 2021, 12:26 AM

Hi,

I recently saw this link from you...

Which is great! Is there a link for "normal" Totara design specs?
It would help when doing mock-ups for clients. 

Thanks,

Ray

Bob Medcalf
Re: Design specs Totara
by Bob Medcalf - Monday, 8 February 2021, 3:07 PM

Hi Ray,

thanks for commenting on the mobile app style guide, glad you like it. As for the normal browser site, we have an internal design system containing style specs and a library of reusable UI components from which we construct wireframes. These are styled in the Ventura theme. 

While it's currently only available within Totara, our intention is to eventually publish the Design System. How would you use it to create your mock ups? Copy and paste or some other method? I'm just wondering if there might be a way we can deliver the design system in a format that makes it easier for mock ups to be created.

Regards

Bob

Ray McIntosh
by Ray McIntosh - Wednesday, 10 February 2021, 7:25 AM

Hi Bob,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I’m using the Figma platform to create my wireframes.

Right now, I’m just using standard sizes for buttons and eyeing the rest, making changes as I go.

By far the best way, but the wireframes do their job. 😊  

I’m trying to create my own library of components that I use over and over (taking as much info from CSS and other sources, that I can find.) 

Then copy paste or download icons.

So any type of guideline or information I could get would help. Right now my wireframes look a lot like Totara, just like to give our customers something a bit better.

Regards,

Ray

Quack
by Andy Wallace - Monday, 16 January 2023, 1:30 AM

Hi Bob, Ray and all. I hope 2023 is being kind to you so far.

In studying UI/UX it interests me how LMS like Totara cater for design systems to be integrated.

There are the potential for the use of pattern libraries being integrated with a system and I wonder if you have any further experience or thoughts on the matter? I'm curious whether there is a need for further development of Totara to make such a facility work or whether themes seem to cater for this well.

Kind regards

Andy