Totara Learn Open Discussions

Audience sync plugin and enrolment

Rebecca Fraser
Audience sync plugin and enrolment
بواسطة Friday, 12 March 2021, 9:19 PM - Rebecca Fraser

Hi guys, I am wondering if you can explain this to me a little more re the audience sync plugin

• Unenrol the user from course: This will remove the user and delete most of their data from the course
  • Disable course enrolment and remove roles: Suspends the user enrolment whilst retaining user data such as activity grades from the course

Ours is currently set to disable course enrolment and remove roles, but we then have to spend a lot of time manually removing team members from their learning if it still appears on some mandatory reports.

What data is lost if we change this to "unenrol the user from the course"? Will this still appear on their learning transcript that they have completed it at 1 point in time? or is this also removed?

Craig Eves
Re: Audience sync plugin and enrolment
بواسطة Sunday, 14 March 2021, 8:20 PM - Craig Eves (Totara Support)
مجموعة Totara

Hi Rebecca

The course completion records will still be retained if the user is unenrolled. All of the data in the course on activity progress is deleted.

You can test this out by unenrolling a test individual to see if any data you want retained is lost

Regards

Rebecca Fraser
Re: Audience sync plugin and enrolment
بواسطة Sunday, 14 March 2021, 10:02 PM - Rebecca Fraser

This sounds really interesting, I wonder why we have the other setting as this looks to be creating a lot of work for us?

I will do some tests. I believe this should be adjusted.

How does it work for certifications?