Totara Learn Open Discussions

Certificates: Not Certified

vijay Nanduri
Certificates: Not Certified
par vijay Nanduri, Friday 26 March 2021, 05:23

We are a global manufacturing company and have the requirement of managing external certificates that are recurring in nature. 

For example - Working at heights is annual qualification/certification required by our line workers. I created a course called working at heights and I also created a certificate and chose the course as part of the certificate. Completed the settings and marked an employee as completed. 

I can see that the emp course completion record is completed but the certificate status shows as "not certified" but the progress is shown as 100%. Looks like I am missing a step.

Note - the course doesn't have an activity in it, I have given the course completion settings as manually marked as complete by trainer/site admin.

Appreciate your help here. 

Craig Eves
Re: Certificates: Not Certified
par Craig Eves (Totara Support), Sunday 28 March 2021, 19:56
Groupe Totara

Hi Vijay 

Can you confirm if you are using Certifcations and one of the course has a certificate associated with it.

If you are then when the certification period expires the courses are reset and the user does the recertifaction courses to complete this again.

This does not reset the certificate - once a Certificate is created it is not able to be deleted or reset.

Regards

vijay Nanduri
par vijay Nanduri, Monday 29 March 2021, 05:11

Thanks Craig, i am still confused as the certificate module is not working as we expected. Example I have created course called license to melt and marked an employee as completed. I have also create a certificate called license to melt and linked the course (license to melt) here. When I go into the certificate module and check the completion, i see "not certified" against the employees name. I am expecting the system to makr the employee as certified because the employee has successfully completed the course.

certificate content - snapshot

Craig Eves
par Craig Eves (Totara Support), Monday 29 March 2021, 15:56
Groupe Totara

Hi Vijay

Unfortunately the screenshot hasn't come through - it isn't clear to me how you have linked the completion of one course to the other and which course the certificate is include in . 

Do you have any conditions under Restrict access for the certificate? 

regards

vijay Nanduri
par vijay Nanduri, Tuesday 30 March 2021, 05:08

Hi Craig,

the certificate has only 1 course (license to melt) and no restrict access to the course. When i check course completion setting, the employee is marked as completed. but when i go to completion tab in certificate it say not certified. 

Coby Rodwell
par Coby Rodwell, Wednesday 12 May 2021, 20:38

Hi Vijay,

Did you assign the certification after you marked the course as complete for the user?  If this is the case, I think the certification doesn't recognise the historic course completion.  You could use the completion tab in the certification to manually update the dates for this user to move them to the certified - before window opens state.

Hope this helps.

Sue Blake
par Sue Blake, Wednesday 12 May 2021, 23:16
Groupe Good learner 2023Groupe Most Helpful Contributor 2022Groupe Most helpful contributor 2023Groupe TXP Site AdministratorGroupe V18 Program Complete

Hi Vijay

I am currently testing something similar in our Sandbox.  

I'm using Audiences for this so when someone completes the course (this includes historical completion) they are added to the audience and it is the audience that I have assigned to the Certification.  This is working as it takes the course completion date and uses that to calculate when recertification is due.

Hope this helps.