Totara Learn Open Discussions

Automatic seminar feedback reminders

Markus Rauscher-Riedl
Automatic seminar feedback reminders
di Markus Rauscher-Riedl - Friday, 20 May 2022, 06:17

Hi

We want to setup feedback reminders after virtual seminar activities (zoom) to be sent out as notifications via Totara Learn.
A notification with direct link to the feedback activity.  I know that this should be possible using feedback activities in combination with course reminders. But I am facing following challenges:

• I want to have the survey sent out automatically immediately when seminar is over and a reminder next day (e.g. condition: end time of seminar reached. Course reminder seems just to be triggered when the complete course or 1 special activity is completed. Seems that this only works if attendees are manually set to attended. So there is manual work to do and no automatic reminder possible.

• When I want to customize the notification I want to have the direct link to the feedback activity so that there is no need for any navigation. This is also not possible, only the link to the course. As I have many different seminars with many feedback activities within 1 course just a link to the course is too confusing for learners.

Do you have any recommendations to solve these challenges?

Thanks and have a nice weekend
Markus

Craig Eves
Re: Automatic seminar feedback reminders
di Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 22 May 2022, 20:32
Gruppo Totara

Hi Markus

The feedback reminder doesn't include a placeholder for activity or allow  html  content for a link to the activity to be added.

It is possible to add a seminar notification and input a time after the session has finished to send.

This includes the html editor to allow a link to the feedback activity to be added.

The feedback reminder and escalation could still be used in the Feedback activity as the completion of the Reminder needs to be tracked within the Feedback - you wouldn't be able to add a direct link to the activity though 

regards

Markus Rauscher-Riedl
di Markus Rauscher-Riedl - Tuesday, 24 May 2022, 06:21

Hi Craig

Thanks, this might work. I couldn't find a template where I can set a scheduling. Where exactly can I find / add them?

Br

Markus

Craig Eves
di Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 24 May 2022, 15:44
Gruppo Totara

Hi Markus

There should be an Add button at the bottom of the list of existing notifications , after clicking this then the option to schedule the notification will appear.

regards

Markus Rauscher-Riedl
di Markus Rauscher-Riedl - Monday, 30 May 2022, 05:14

I can see no add button

screenshot 1

If I go for the dots on the rights side and click on create notification there is no time for send now / send later  selectable like in your screenshot.

screenshot2

screenshot3

Version 16.0 (Build: 20220426.00)

Best regards,

Markus

Markus Rauscher-Riedl
di Markus Rauscher-Riedl - Wednesday, 8 June 2022, 00:50

Hi

Do you have any update or further support for me?

Thank you

Markus

Craig Eves
di Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 8 June 2022, 15:03
Gruppo Totara

Hi Markus

Sorry missed your post - it looks like you are using the seminar notifications that have been added to Totara 16

If you go to Seminar and Booking end date and select Create Notification and select the scheduled date and attendance status you want this should work.

regards

Markus Rauscher-Riedl
di Markus Rauscher-Riedl - Wednesday, 3 August 2022, 05:13

This works, thanks Craig.

Best regards,
Markus