Totara Learn Open Discussions

Unable to delete activity in General section

Monica Hansen
Unable to delete activity in General section
by Monica Hansen - Friday, 27 May 2022, 3:39 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm writing you regarding the following situation: I have several courses who have a certificate set up in the General section with restriction access (the certificate can be accessed only if the learner has completed a quiz). The interesting thing is that in several situations, the quiz is not part of the course anymore.

When I try to delete/ edit the certificate from the General section, an error appears showing Activity deletion in progress message but the certificate is not removed.

My team and I have tried the following:

• We marked the quiz completed (in those situations where the quiz is still part of the course), however the certificate can’t be removed/ edited.
  • Disabled the courses' recycle bin, ran the Cron manually and try to delete the activity from the General section - same error appeared.
  • Replicate the bug into the Dev system: create a quiz in the bottom of the course, add certificate in the General section with restriction access to that quiz; delete the quiz, then try to delete the certificate → initially the same error appeared, but after log off & log on into the system, the certificate was gone.

On a second test in Dev, following exactly the same steps, the Can not find data record in database error appeared and the certificate was removed.

• Back-up and restore courses into new ones. Only by doing this, the General section is empty. Unfortunately, as we have more than 50 similar cases, it wouldn’t be feasible that we proceed in the same way for all the courses.

Has anybody encountered this issue?

Thanks,

Monica

Sarah Paisley
Re: Unable to delete activity in General section
by Sarah Paisley - Wednesday, 12 June 2024, 2:35 PM
Group Learn Site Administrator

I am also experiencing this issue - did you receive a solution?

Craig Eves
Re: Unable to delete activity in General section
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 13 June 2024, 4:20 PM
Group Totara

Hi Monica

It isn't possible to delete issued certificates - I think this is for academic integrity

It is possible when resetting a course to delete all issued certificates

regards