Totara Social Open Discussions

Forums - duplicating questions

Karen Stromski
Forums - duplicating questions
by Karen Stromski - Wednesday, 8 June 2022, 3:13 AM

Hi, I wonder if someone can help with this please. 

We have several different forums attached to different audiences, but we always pose the same questions for discussion in all of the forums. We want to keep them separate rather than having one large forum so as to encourage discussion within each group. 

Is there a way to duplicate a forum and thereby copy all the questions across rather than having to add them each time?

Thanks

Karen

Tags:
Craig Eves
Re: Forums - duplicating questions
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 8 June 2022, 3:56 PM
Group Totara

Hi Karen

It is possible to use one forum that has separate groups -this will keep group 1 from seeing group 2 replies to posts.

The forum administrator has the option to post to each group separately or Post a copy to all groups so the same message goes to all groups.

It is also possible to populate groups with audiences using the audience sync enrolment method in the course   

Regards

Karen Stromski
by Karen Stromski - Wednesday, 15 June 2022, 8:19 AM

Thank you Craig. Can you tell me where I would add the standard questions that we want to pose to the different groups please?

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 15 June 2022, 4:53 PM
Group Totara

Hi Karen

The standard question for all groups would be done through the Add a new discussion post 

This will bring up the forum message screen - this should have the Post a copy to all groups option which will post this to all groups and the groups can reply in their group .

regards