Totara Learn Open Discussions

Forum Subscriptions

StromskiKaren
Forum Subscriptions
StromskiKaren 发表于 2022年07月11日 Monday 04:06

How do I "unsubscribe" people from all forums please? Currently all  users are subscribed to all forums - even though they can access them and can only access the one restricted to their audience - they can still see them and when I look I can see that all users are subscribed to all forums. 

Craig Eves
Re: Forum Subscriptions
Eves (Totara Support)Craig 发表于 2022年07月11日 Monday 16:24
小组 Totara

Hi Karen

If you go into the forum as an administrator  there should be a Show/edit current subscribers. This will allow you to select users and unsubscribe the selected users.

You may need to check that the Subscription mode is not set to Forced subscription as this doesn't allow someone to unsubscribe from the forum.

This needs to be done on a forum by forum basis rather than doing more than one forum at a time.

regards

StromskiKaren
StromskiKaren 发表于 2022年07月12日 Tuesday 00:32

Thanks Craig. I've done that but users can still see the forums they're not subscribed to in the course page. They can't access them as they're audience based, but is it right that they should still be able to see them?

Regards

Karen

Craig Eves
Eves (Totara Support)Craig 发表于 2022年07月12日 Tuesday 16:05
小组 Totara

Hi Karen

Unsubscribing from a forum means that the emails from the forum when a new posting is made will not be sent . Unsubscribing from the forum doesn't affect the visibility of the forum in Totara.

Regards