Suggest Totara Learn features

Domain managers assigning users to their tenant programs/certifications

Nicole Greenslade
Domain managers assigning users to their tenant programs/certifications
by Nicole Greenslade - Monday, 12 September 2022, 1:21 PM

Hi all, 

I'm not sure if this has been raised before, I couldn't see any discussions around it but apologies if this has already been raised!

Details

When assigning users to a program or certification created within a tenancy as a domain manager you have the option to enrol based on organisation, position, audience, management hierarchy, or individuals. If you select individuals or audiences, this only lists the users and audiences within your tenancy. However, if you select organisation, position, or management hierarchy, you see all the organisations, positions, and management hierarchies of the site.

Suggestion 

Remove the ability for domain managers to assign users via organisation, position, or management hierarchy. Because of the privacy issue, we have had to engage our Totara partner to do this for us through a customisation to our site. This means domain managers will only be able to add users via audience or individuals within their tenancy.

Do let me know your thoughts.

Craig Eves
Re: Domain managers assigning users to their tenant programs/certifications
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 12 September 2022, 7:17 PM
Group Totara

Hi Nicola

There are different use cases for multitenancy where access to non tenant organisations may be required such as if they are groups within the in one organisation or a child - parent organisation.

One of the known limitations of multi tenancy is hierarchy frameworks are a system-level feature meaning they can only be managed centrally by system-level roles. There's no way to connect organisations to tenancies.

regards