Totara Social Open Discussions

Some names in reports are hyperlinked

CJ Hudson
Some names in reports are hyperlinked
by CJ Hudson - Monday, 9 January 2023, 2:30 AM
Group Partners

Hello,

A client of ours using Totara 16.8 fielded a question from one of their users whereby she accessed a Dashboard report titled Users (My Agency) and noted that some users' names listed were hyperlinked and others not.

Initially, we thought this was due to them being primary contacts, but they quickly came back saying that a number of the names listed were not.

I ran it down with the solutions architect who worked on the project and their take was that the user running the report would be linked to the hyperlinked users by either:

• Primary contact
  • Being in the same organisation
  • Enrolled on the same courses

They came back with more reasons that this shouldn't be the reason, so I raked through names, courses, organisations, audiences trying to find a difference between a user who appears hyperlinked and one who doesn't but kept finding exceptions to each.

I fear this is due to a variety of overlapping rules and configurations deep inside the structure, but could use any suggestions on what else it might be as I'm presently unable to find any explanation that doesn't end up running into one of the client's obstacles...

Ta!

CJ