Suggest Totara Learn features

Make Core Certificate as flexible as Custom Certificate plugin

Tami Bonnett-Admi
Make Core Certificate as flexible as Custom Certificate plugin
by Tami Bonnett-Admi - Tuesday, 24 January 2023, 10:36 AM

My clients using Totara all use the Custom Certificate module, due to it being significantly more flexible than the core Totara Certificate plugin with regards to text to be included, fields to be displayed, positioning of text on the certificate background, and perhaps most importantly, the ability for learners to see a My Certificate page that lists all certificates they have earned. It is my understanding that Totara will not support this plugin in later versions and users will be forced to use the core plugin. Is this correct? And if yes, is there anything on the roadmap to update the core certificate plugin to bring it up to par with custom certificate such that:

• Admins can do the following:
    • Add dynamic course and user fields to the certificate from the front-end of the application, without having to modify any PHP?
    • Varying templates can be set up, again without having to modify any PHP?
    • Location of text on the background image (which, to my understanding, can only be added by using the border pictures functionality?, can be handled from the front-end (preferably by dragging cross-hairs), rather than having to modify XY coordinates in the back-end?
  • Learners can see a single page that lists all of their certificates earned (perhaps through a report store?), rather than having to go course by course to see each of their certificates

Please advise.