Totara Learn Open Discussions

SCORM Review Mode Issue

RichardsonMatt
SCORM Review Mode Issue
RichardsonMatt 发表于 2024年09月23日 Monday 05:42

Hi,

I'm struggling to understand why this is happening, but we have a SCORM 2004 (v4) package that consists of some slides, followed by some assessment questions and a results slide at the end. The file is published and set to track the results slide only with a passing grade of 80%.

What seems to happen, is learners are opening the SCORM and for example, answering 1 or 2 of the 10 quesitons and then exiting the course. When they re-enter to pick up where they left off, the LMS has taken whatever score they had achieved so far and locked that in. As a result the SCORM is now displaying in Review Mode and no matter what they then achieve, this isn't overwritten on the LMS Grades?

I assumed that the SCORM wouldn't report a passed/failed/completed status until the Results slide had been reached? Is there any way we can stop the course from entering Review Mode before a user has completed their attempt and got to the results screen?

Any help or advice will be much appreciated! Thank you.

APraveen
Re: SCORM Review Mode Issue
APraveen 发表于 2024年09月24日 Tuesday 02:20
小组 Partners

Hi Matt,

This is not an issue with Totara. It's an issue with the SCORM package. How the SCORM was created? Is it created using Articulate 360 or Custom HTML5 based SCORM.

We need to analyze the SCORM package and fix the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Praveen.

RichardsonMatt
RichardsonMatt 发表于 2024年09月24日 Tuesday 03:06

Hi Praveen,

Many thanks for your response. This particular SCORM package is one we don't have the source file for (it was supplied to us for upload to our system). However, we have encountered this same issue with a good number of our own courses. In each case, they have been developed using Articulate Storyline 360. Using one as an example, it had the following publish settings:

I don't know if that is enough information? I'm also not sure on what settings within Storyline we could change to stop it reporting a seemingly final grade prior to the results slide being reached? The questions that are included only have triggers to submit the interaction once the user has clicked their answer and pressed Submit.

Thank you for your help with this, much appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

Craig Eves
Eves (Totara Support)Craig 发表于 2024年09月24日 Tuesday 16:32
小组 Totara

Hi Matt

This may be a due to a setting in Totara

If the 'student skip content structure' setting is enabled then it will not be possible to create a new attempt so this will go into review mode when accessing the content and a new attempt will not be able to be created .

If this is the case then the setting Force new attempt should be enabled.

regards