Best practice forum (Archived)

Editing "Send Now" notifications

Daniel Bond
Editing "Send Now" notifications
by Daniel Bond - Tuesday, 23 December 2014, 3:50 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi,

I would like to be able to create a Face to Face notification for "Did not attend" messages, which goes out as soon as someone is marked as "Did not attend". If I set this message up as "Send Now", once it is saved it immediately becomes "This notification has already been sent, so can no longer be edited." If I set the message up as "Send Later" I will need to select a date several weeks into the future to be sure that the session has been signed off, because (I'm guessing) if the date is reached and the session hasn't had attendance taken then any DNA messages won't go out when the session is later signed off.

Any suggestions which allow me to have messages instantly sent out while still being able to edit the message for any notifications going forward would be really useful. This has only become an issue because of the change made in T-13737 which has necessitated us looking at updating every notification in every Face to Face activity (or in the case of our current DNA notification, replicating the existing one, editing the copy and then deleting the old one).

Thanks

Dan