Best practice forum (Archived)

Appraisal messages on completion of participants stage

Maurice Moore
Appraisal messages on completion of participants stage
by Maurice Moore - Thursday, 8 May 2014, 4:58 PM

When a participant completes a stage it would be useful if nominated individuals (e.g. manager, appraiser) received notification that the participant had completed that stage.

We have appraisals with a number of pages/elements within a stage that have feedback boxes where a manager/managers manager/appraiser can provide feedback to the participant. Their input is not required. However, the stage completion message only gets sent out when all possible contributors have viewed the appraisal elements.

I want to be able to inform the manager (and appraiser) when the participant completes a stage so the assessors are prompted to view the appraisal.

I can see that the appraisal form could be redesigned to have one stage for the participant and a second stage for feedback (using redisplayed elements) but if there is another way I would appreciate hearing about it.

As mentioned elsewhere (https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=16380) - having the ability to use substitution strings (e.g.  %appraisalname%, %username% ...) would be a useful enhancement.